Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Belated St. Patrick's Day Party

When we moved up here there were about four other new families with young children that moved in at the same time. In the past month or so my friend Cara organized a Mom's Group with the new moms and some other moms and we've been doing weekly activities together. On Thursday I hosted a little Mom's Group St. Patrick's Day party at our house. We had about 12 kids ages 1 year to 5 years-old.


We had lots of yummy treats and snacks. I made shamrock cakes and rice crispie treats and I also made green jello jigglers. Other moms brought some shamrock cookies and green fruits to add to the spread.



I made a new coloring wall for the party and Andrew is still loving it!



We also whipped out some of the balls from Andrew's birthday party- can you believe some of the balloons are still inflated?


Here are some of the early arrivals


We did two little craft projects which almost all of the kids really got into. We made Shamrock Shakers and Shamrock collages.



Different moms helped bring craft supplies so we had tons of fun stuff to work with.


While I was distracted leading the craft activities for new people that arrived, Andrew ate about three of the shamrock cakes. He was so good about finding another adult to help him out and had green frosting all over his face.


While the kids finished eating, my little Leprechaun and I went out to the backyard and scattered gold coins everywhere.

After we were done, all the kids came out to the backyard, got a little mini pot, and went on a gold hunt.



Our lawn covered with weeds and really long uncut grass was perfect for hiding coins. :)


Andrew loved checking out his gold and then dumping it back out for other kids to find.


He ended up with a great stash... and I think we might still have a few gold coins hiding in our backyard.


It was so fun to have so many kids over and play together! I also loved an opportunity to hang out and chat with more moms from church, since we rarely have time to talk on Sundays.

I am already excited to start planning our Easter party!

No comments: