Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A little jaunt across the bay

I have been wanting to go to the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito for awhile. Today we finally made it! Our buddies Izzie and Sarah came along and we had a blast. I am tired just thinking about everything we did.

The little guys had fun watching Max & Ruby while Sarah and I got to chat on the drive into SF and then across the GG Bridge to Marin.


Here are several pictures from all the different areas at the museum. There are indoor and outdoor exhibits and the weather was gorgeous when we were there.

Loop the hoop on the stumps

Pretend play in a stream = Andrew immediately soaked for the day = such a happy boy!


Having a drum competition with Sarah to see who could pound the hardest-
I think Andrew won


Pretending to be a bee

Checking out the insects

Chillin with the baby eagles

Naptime with the racoons

Designing a butterfly wing

The gorgeous view from the museum

Digging, dirt, and rocks - one of Izzie and Andrew's favorite places

Little man scrapped the shovel pretty quickly when he realized he could grab more rocks with his hands

Such a cute little digger!

Climbing through the giant tree stump

Jumping on the spider web

Giggling when he found me

So amazed with the wind machines- check out his look of awe

The coolest room of all (more trains are on the other side of the blue divider). We could've been here all day. I especially loved the models of the Bay Bridge and GG Bridge.


Don't we all wish we lived back in the day when the toll was $1.50

After several hours of exploring at the museum we headed back into SF for a trip to Plutos on Chestnut Street down by the Marina. I love Plutos and miss it now that we don't have one close by. Who knew they had delicious curly fries in addition to yummy salads? Izzie and Andrew were in heaven.

Dipping. These guys are serious about their ketchup and fries.

Izzie protecting her fries from the poacher

Sneaky Andrew waiting til I'm not looking to dump lots of salt everywhere
(including into my water which I didn't notice til after I downed some)


Such a fun day!


I was soooo tired when I got home... and of course little man wasn't. He played in his crib and yelled for me on and off while I slept soundly on the couch for about 15 minutes (with one finger in my ear).

I will be hitting the sack early tonight!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love that museum!!! It is a journey to get there, but so worth it!