Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How do you bribe your kid to be good at Target?

My little man is easy to please. All I have to do is tell him we get to hit the red balls once we are done.

When I say "hit," I mean hit the balls with his entire body. He has to crash into every single one of the nine red balls (at full speed)... and then go back the other way and do it again.


Sometimes he hugs them too. It only takes 5 minutes and totally makes his day.


He talks about the red balls the entire way home. I love the simple pleasures of a two-year-old!

5 comments:

Meredith Hayes said...

ha! they have the red balls dotting the entrance of the huntington beach target and i always thought they MUST be there for the kids, but usually when i go to target it's at like, 9pm when there are no kids to be seen. glad the little man is having fun with them like he should :).

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

that's so funny - every time we go to Target Madeleine says "ball! ball! ball!" constantly all throughout the store because she sees the big red balls at the entrance. I suppose we'll work our way up to hitting the balls one day!

Madsen Family said...

I tell Will he can jump off the ball. I let him do it at the beginning of our trip and then again at the end. Of course, he has to jump off every ball (he jumps into my arms, of course). I guess great minds think alike! Too funny.

Laura said...

If only our Target runs were so easy! Maybe it's because our Target doesn't have big red balls.

Amy said...

Awesome! So easy to please!