Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

2 Yrs!

Little dude had his 2 yr check up today.

He had a blast hanging out with Dr. Kandel. He was a little show off and told her all his colors and talked up a storm. She was impressed! He also threw a little tantrum and managed to get stickers all over his shirt while we tried to coerce him to open his mouth and let us check him out. My goal for next time is to get Andrew to stand on the real scale. He still has to get weighed on the baby scale because he hates the scale you stand up on. If you'd been in the room you would've thought we were torturing him as we tried to figure out his height by laying him on the table.

Afterwards he was happy as could be... little did he know the shots were coming.


Fortunately, the little guy is easily distracted. He cried for a minute or two and then he was happy again.


His stats were-
Height: 35 3/4 (83%)
Weight: 29 lbs 13 ounces (72%)

We were so excited to hear that Andrew had gained some weight... only 2 pounds in the past 6 months though. The kid moves too much! I can't believe how much older he looks now compared to when he was 18 months old.

We love this little guy! When our doctor come in he yelled "Hi doctor" and as we left our appointment he yelled to all the nurses, "Bye guys!" and had them all waving and smiling. He also made sure to tell the doctor that he was going to Google for lunch and mentioned the big balls and hot dogs they have there.

Tonight we followed through with our plan and got rid of his pacifiers. We have been telling him for weeks that when he is two the pacifiers get sent to the babies and the pacifier fairy will bring him a prize.

Putting the pacifiers in the envelope for the Paci Fairy

A little hesitant after they'd both been throw in

So excited to stick the pacifiers in the mailbox, "bye bye pacis!"

... about 5 minutes later (after a trip inside)... "oh! I think the Paci Fairy came and brought you a present!" ...little did was stoked to discover not one, but two lollipops in place of the two pacifiers he'd given up. These were leftover ones from Christmas. By his reaction you would've thought they were something amazing. Another reason I love toddlers.


Lollipop party! Our Family Home Evening lesson was on sharing too,
so I got to hold his super sticky lollipops a dozen times as well :)
since he is such a good sharer

Bedtime went off without a hitch... now we're just waiting to see what time the little guy wakes up in the morning (or if he wakes up screaming in the middle of the night). Hopefully this won't ruin naps forever. I am sure we have a tantrum or two in our future with regards to his pacifiers... but I'm happy the little guy went to sleep.

Such a sad thing to see those beauties go. I love pacifiers. I think they are an invention by geniuses. They have given me many many hours of extra sleep or piece and quiet.

I am so sad that my little baby is growing up so fast!!

2 comments:

JerzyGrl said...

He is so grown up! I also love the 10 and 11 month photos on the side of your blog. He just keeps getting cuter too. I'm excited to hear how the pacifier thing goes. I'm glad to hear so far it is a success.

Laura said...

I'm sad Grace gave up her pacifiers at 6 months. I guess it's good down the road when we don't have to break the habit, but they're such a good invention. Hopefully Andrew doesn't miss his too much.