Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Newest Addition to the Buskirk Family

Welcome Orange Juice Buskirk!


Arrived: 3/18/10 (7pm)
Died: 3/18/10 (9pm)


Dear Daddy,
Mom says there are four things you should learn from tonight:

1. Never let me near a goldfish with a spoon.
2. Never let me feed a goldfish.
3. Always keep a goldfish up high when a two year old is around and you are not watching.
4. Don't bring home any goldfish pets until we review rules 1, 2, and 3 together as a family.

Love, Andrew

Oh, they had so many fun times together during that short 2 hour time period when I was off at a Relief Society dinner.



Tomorrow we might go get a new little friend for Andrew, but this time he will be kept up high on the shelf just for observing and talking to... not for playing with.

Rest in peace Orange Juice! I am so sad I never got to meet you.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

...I'm curious as to what exactly Andrew did to Orange Juice... The line about the spoon makes me think he either ate him or clobbered him to death??? But that just doesn't seem right.

delikk said...

I can't help but laugh. Poor Orange Juice. But Andrew looks so completely enthralled by his little buddy. And I just LOVE how he says "OK".

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

That is hilarious, I hope you never forget that story!

E J said...

This reminded me of the episode on the Cosby show when Rudy's goldfish died and they held a funeral for it . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_bn2blWSY&feature=related

Laura said...

So sad! My younger sister had one of those fighting fish (I think?) and it was much heartier and lower maintenance than a goldfish. Of course it might not have stood a chance against a spoon either. :-)