Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Food Trucks and Friends

Yesterday we packed up and headed down to the Peninsula to meet up with some friends. We went to Shoreline Park right around the corner from Kevin's office at Google. I don't know how I have never been there before. It was gorgeous! We basked in the sunshine, caught up with friends, and I attempted to keep Cate from inhaling too much sand.


I also bumped into one of my former students and his family. It was so fun to introduce them to Andrew, who they last saw when he was 6 months old when he went on his first elementary school field trip. I turned into a hugging machine. I was so excited! The boy had been in my class for three years and his family had gone through several major life events with me- engagement, marriage, and the arrival of Andrew. Love them!

After the park fun, we met up with Jessie and hit up Edgewood Eats in Palo Alto for dinner. It is a meet-up of gourmet food trucks serving street food. I had some Indian curry and Jessie got Thai food. Mmm! Next time we're going to bring our camping chairs and eat there.


Andrew was being a picky eater (surprise, surprise), so instead of staying there to eat, we grabbed our food, got him a McDonald's hamburger (ick in comparison!), and then went to Jessie's neighborhood park in EPA to chow down and play.

The kiddos and I finally rolled into our driveway around 8:15pm. Perfect timing for some quick playing with Kevin before both kids went right to bed.

Meanwhile... poor Kev had a rough day at Google sailing around the Golden Gate Bridge on a catamaran and eating the Earthquake at Ghirardelli Square with his co-workers. His job is so demanding sometimes! ;)

No comments: