Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

What goes around comes around

Caitlin had a bad night last night. It doesn't happen often, so this post isn't meant to complain. I went to bed way too late (1:30am)... which seems to be a trend I started a few weeks ago and can't stop. I don't get enough me-time during the day... so I need a few hours Anyways, this morning I had a huge headache. I kept telling Andrew to be quiet. During Cate's naptime I told him he could stay in the room with me only if he was quiet. I may have also asked him to leave me alone at one point because I was trying to bake something for a brunch.


Fast forward to later this afternoon. Cate is playing with me while I'm doing laundry. Andrew is shut off in his room. I go in to see what he is up to. He's playing with his box of super tiny things (all collected in his pirate treasure box) He says, "Mom, you need to leave me alone. I am playing all by myself." Then a minute or two later he amends his statement to, "You can play in here with me, but if you stay in here you need to be quiet."


Hmm... wonder who he sounds like? I definitely deserved that!

So I got a few reminders today...
Number one, I need to go to bed earlier.

Number two, I need to watch what I say and how I act since it seems like I have a little parrot living at my house right now :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

I hate when my kids use my own words against me, and just in general I miss when I could say anything in front of them without having to worry that they were listening and would/could understand what I say.

Please tell me you giggled a little when Andrew told you that you could play with him as long as you were quiet. That's pretty hilarious!