Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My First Triathlon

Yeah... those of you who know me well know that I will never actually do a triathlon. I can't swim or bike to save my life. But I did one once... and today I was reminded about it when Kevin found this t-shirt in his closet.


I had completely forgotten that not only did we run in this race, we ran it together.

When we were in the Stanford singles ward in Palo Alto we did the Read, Redeem, Run triathlon. We read the whole Book of Mormon, went to the Oakland temple to do baptisms for the dead, and we ran a 5K around Stanford campus.

Kevin hates running... but when we were dating he would do anything for me :) So we trained for this race together and we almost made it to the bitter end without Kevin needing to stop. He says that I was nice and waited for him when he needed to take a few breaths and walk a bit... but we finished together.

My memory is pretty foggy of that day, but I remember it being beautiful and I remember having fun. I also remember feeling proud that we accomplished this goal.

I love how a little t-shirt can bring back such a fun memory. I cannot believe we've been married for 5 1/2 years already. I am pretty stoked that I FINALLY got my wedding album this week. It is gorgeous and I put it somewhere so that I can see it every day.

Looking forward to many more years of accomplishing little goals together.

No comments: