Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Date Night

Once a month we now have a scheduled free babysitting date night. It is awesome. My neighbor Sahar comes over after we put Andrew to bed and she sits on our couch and surfs the net, eats treats, and watches TV... and we go out. Woohoo! We do the same thing for her and her husband once a month...


Last night we started our date off with some shopping in downtown Walnut Creek. Kevin just started a new job within Google and wanted some new shirts. It was fun to have time and the presence of mind to help him pick out clothes and not feel rushed because crazy Andrew wasn't running like a banshee around the store.

Afterwards we went to the San Francisco Creamery Co. for ice cream sundaes.


They are insanely huge and the fudge is to DIE for. My chocolate lover's dream flavored ice cream was sooo good that even Kevin was eating it, and he hates chocolate ice cream.


We probably should've split one, since we each probably ate a total of one scoop... but I wanted to try two flavors and so did Kevin. Baby Caitlin was so excited about the ice cream that I literally thought she was going to propel herself out of my body- probably from the massive sugar rush she got at 9pm.


We are really excited for Chris & Sarah to get back from Utah so we can have another date night to try out the Kitchen Sink Challenge (which was featured on Man vs Food)... we'll see if we survive (since I can barely eat one scoop).

I am loving this new monthly date night tradition. It feels really good to set aside some time to hang out just the two of us.

2 comments:

delikk said...

Great idea!! I'll have to suggest this to my neighbors. Nick and I could definitely use a night out to feast on ice cream!!

Liz said...

You still look so small to me!! Hard to believe you have 3 month left.

Every time I see you eating ice cream I wonder why I don't eat more myself!