Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Little twins

Last Friday Andrew's little buddy Livvy came and spent the morning with us. We started off the day with a trip to the Lindsey Wildlife Museum. Andrew was anxious to show Livvy all the owls. On the drive to the museum he kept saying, "Livvy, you want to see the owls?"

We arrived at the perfect moment- owl feeding time!

(Andrew either being a class clown... or doing his best owl impression?)

The lady told us all about the barred owl

Then we headed off to explore the museum. These two cracked me up the entire time. I never had to worry about either of them getting separated from me because if I said to go one way and one of them didn't listen... then the other one would corral their friend and get them to follow me. They both took turns keeping an eye on one another... so I just took pictures of the fun :)

They helped me hunt all over the museum to find two stools so that they both could look through the microscopes.

Most people that saw them playing together thought they were twins.



They did such an excellent job sharing toys and helping one another. It was really fun to watch. I loved when Andrew would say, "No, it's Livvy's turn" (when another kid would try and take a turn instead of her).


They were a great mailman/woman team! Livvy pushed the mailbag and Andrew grabbed the mail from the mailbox and shoved it in her bag.


They were both enthralled with these magnetic boards and sat playing with them silently for awhile.


After the museum we headed to the park.


When we had snacks, they both wanted to lean against the tree together and eat.


After park time, we went out for a quick lunch. While I ordered, they both sat happily at the table and entertained one another. Their giddiness brought the attention of several of the people at the restaurant who gave me looks like I was insane... and several people told me how cute my twins were as they stared at my pregnant stomach with facial expressions that showed they thought I was crazy :) It was really funny.


Fortunately only one person felt the need to give me parenting advice :)


We had so much fun giggling at lunch while talking about all the fun animals we'd seen at the museum. These two were such goofballs together! I loved every minute of our morning! We will have to do it again soon.

4 comments:

Alie said...

What a wonderful museum- and Andrew is such a lucky kid! You are the best mom... you know, each of your posts makes me feel like a worse mom!!!

Candice said...

Adorable! Thanks so much for taking them! They are too cute together. Livvy has been jabbering about Andrew since last week so we will definitely have to plan another outing.

Liz said...

So cute! They really could pass as twins. My favorite pictures is of Andrew doing the owl sound. I can hear him going Ooooo!

Kristine Gray said...

I'm laughing so hard because I got that "Are you insane?" look ALL the time when out and about and people noticed my baby bump while dragging the twins somewhere.
Andrew and Livvy do make a cute couple.You are always take him to the coolest places.