Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Argh, Matey!

This morning we had our Music Makers class and the kiddos did a costume parade. I managed to bribe Andrew to let me take some pictures of him in his costume before we left... since I knew it would be tricky once he was running around at class. Anyone recognize his costume? Yep, it is the same one from last year and I feel great about it... and so does he. It was huge last year and fits a little better this year.

Posted by Picasa


He has all sorts of accessories to wear with his costume and changes up what he carries... so we will be lugging a lot of stuff around. I love the hook that I found for $2. He likes chasing after people and saying "Argh, Matey!" He uses his telescope as a drum stick.


At music class we sang songs, did marching time (in costumes), did a march and freeze around on the pumpkins (kinda like a cake walk w/out candy), and basically just checked out everyone's costumes.


Andrew was in love with a kid in a kangaroo costume and one in a lion costume (both girls). He went up to them and said hi and then ran back and told me about it... like they were celebrities. "I said hi to the lion mommy and she said hi back!"


Little man also wanted me to march around with him. I wore my pirate hat too. This is not my most attractive picture, but I love his cute little cheesy smile.


He spun around and around during marching time and did a lot of rolling on the floor... so this is his "I'm a little dizzy" look.


We cuddled together during story/snack time...


and his cool teacher gave out ghosts treats at the end of class. He loved the idea of the ghost treat, licked it once, and was done.


We spent the rest of the morning trying to find a skull and crossbones t-shirt to go under his pirate jacket. Last year I made one using a plain white onesie and brown felt. It is obviously too small this year. We'll see what I come up with before our next Halloween event- Googleween!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Too cute! You should make another freezer paper painted shirt!

Love that you reused the costume from last year. Perfect.

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

Love the costume - he is looking so grown up lately!