Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Breaking out the Orange and Black!

We moved into our new house on Halloween last year... so no decorations ever made it up. We were just happy that we had candy to give out to the neighbor kids that stopped by.

I have been telling Andrew that we'd decorate the house for about a week now... and we finally got around to it today.



Egg carton spiders for our kitchen table


and I found these cute placemats for $2 each... so I won't be devastated if Andrew destroys them.



I also spruced up my family room shelves and added some pumpkins and other Fall accents


Andrew's favorite thing to help with was filling up the candy bowls... we have two this year :)




We also swapped some of the artwork on our art gallery wall so that most of it is Fall themed


This baby is another favorite...


it will soon be covering this hideous eyesore in my kitchen


I also put spiders and spider webs on my front door... this way maybe instead of roaming the neighborhood to look for spiders every day... we can just open our front door?

I don't have Fall wreaths yet because I am too cheap to buy a matching set right now... so covering the berry ones with spider webs hopefully makes my house look less like it is Christmastime :)


Frankenstein is standing guard at the foot of our steps as well. Andrew constantly runs to the window to check and make sure he is still there... and then comes back and says, "Frankenstein is still there mommy."


I love how excited Andrew is about all the decorations. He got to pick out some new Halloween hand towels and kitchen towels at the store today and he keeps taking them down and hanging them back up. It is so funny. He also loves rearranging all the pumpkins on the shelves.

I am really looking forward to going to Utah next week to check out all the fun Halloween decorations at my mom's house. I know Andrew is going to LOVE them! I have a ways to go before I have a house with as many cool accents... but it was nice to start collecting a few new things this year.

Too many fun things to do this month and not enough time... I love Halloween!

1 comment:

teuscher travels said...

I love them, your house looks darling! And you do so many fun activities, thanks for posting them! I am trying to make mental notes for when Hadley is old enough and will have to check your blog archives! I hope you are feeling well, I cannot wait to see your darling baby girl!