Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Muffin Tin Meals

Meals at our house have not been fun for the last several months because little man rarely wants to eat anything. When I say that it is dinner (or lunch, or whatever) time he always says, "No, I already ate... dinner." Some nights he goes to bed having just eaten a hot dog bun. I obviously hate making new things because whenever I make them... he won't eat them and I'm stuck with lots of leftovers.

I love this blog called Muffin Tin Mom and I am going to attempt to make lunch a little more fun and see if I can get the little man to add some more variety to what he eats.

Today was our first attempt. I obviously need to go grocery shopping :) But I did manage to get Andrew to eat some yogurt (hasn't happened since he was 1), berries, applesauce, and cheese (shaped like leaves... it obviously tastes better that way). Lunch is also so much cooler in a muffin tin. This is my shamrock muffin tin. He loved it.


On the Muffin Tin blog she picks all these adorable themes for lunchtime and takes photos of what she makes. Taking photos helps her make sure there is enough variety in the meal... and obviously her meals are so darling you have to take pictures of them! Check out this Numbers & Counting Themed lunch! My next goal is to add some more veggies to lunchtime and see if I can hide them or shape them in a way that gets Andrew to eat them.

Highlight of lunch was when he said, "Berries are yummy. I like them sometimes."

Then he proceeded to wrap his cool ghost shirt around his waist and say, "Bye Mommy... I love you... I'm going running, these are my running clothes... see you later" (and off he went running around the house!)

The kid cracks me up!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Such a great blog! I definitely need help with meals for toddlers!! A hot dog bun sounds like a perfectly normal meal in this house. Thanks for sharing!