Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Carnival time?




Somehow being part of the mom club in our neighborhood got me roped into helping out with a Halloween Carnival later this month.

Originally I thought my friends were planning a Halloween party just for our three little families... and now we are throwing a Carnival for the whole neighborhood. Good times! Not quite sure how that happened or how I got involved... but we had our first party planning meeting today. My large pregnant (wants to be sitting on the couch all day) self is fighting with my party throwing alter-ego and I'm not quite sure which one will win... Maybe I can bring my couch outside and help run the carnival from it on party day?

Of course, once we started planning I started to get excited... but would love a few more ideas to toss out as activities for us to do... before we narrow them down completely.

So far, here are the plans (we're expecting about 60 kids... I'm hoping for more like 40 or less :) that would be my pregnant self talking). If you have any suggestions for better ones or more fun ones for large groups... pass them along! I was brain dead today at our meeting.

1. Halloween bouncy house!


2. Halloween themed "fishing" game



3. Cake walk! (although we're going to give out candy instead of cupcakes/cakes)



4. Temporary tattoo station


5. Craft table where they'll make a cute and easy foam sticker photo frame... for the picture they'll be taking at the...


6. Photo booth (gotta figure out a cute Halloween backdrop to use)



7. Lastly, we're going to set up little tables with Halloween coloring pages... for the kids who find themselves with nothing to do.
Thoughts? Ideas? We have a few teenagers in the neighborhood to help, so manning the booths/tables shouldn't be hard. Other ideas included donut on a string, monster mash dancing area,... and some other ones I can't remember. I'm not sure how many stations to have for 40-60 kids.

Also, anyone know where we can find some hay bales?



I am starting to get a more excited for Halloween after today's planning meeting... as evidenced by what I made for dinner tonight :) Jack-o-lantern pizzas!


4 comments:

Chrissie said...

You never cease to amaze me.

Jenny said...

haha you have some ambitious friends! our ward does a carnival trunk or treat every year and they do almost all of those activities. they also have a little parade for the kids which is kinda fun. that sounds like plenty of games to me, but if you are looking for more oriental trading company has cheap games and prizes you can buy. a sucker pull is another easy station, you know where you color some of the tootsie rolls at the end of the stick and win a prize.

Liz said...

I bouncy house is a must!! Good luck!

E J said...

What about the "carnival" song from your wedding reception . . . ha, ha.

Sounds like quite the event, esp. with that many kids. If it is a neighborhood event - I would have each family come up with their own Carnival booth (I'm sure you'd get some pretty fun activities) and it would take a lot of stress off of the planers (especially the preggo one) then all you guys would have to do is coordinate where everyone sets up.