Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Getting spoiled!


Last Thursday night the ladies from church threw a giant double baby shower for me and another lady that is expecting a baby around the same time as me. We were thoroughly spoiled all evening long!


There were lots of delicious desserts and appetizers. Unfortunately I forgot my camera... and I was busy socializing, so we only got a picture of the table before most of the food was brought out. Everything looked beautiful though.


After about an hour and a half of chatting and mingling, we started opening presents. Jennifer and I got to sit on these huge throne like chairs in front of everyone. My cute sister Jessie drove up for the party and was our photographer. Candice came as well and kept detailed notes on all the cute things I got as presents... I am still sad I forgot to get a picture with both Jessie and Candice!!


Here is a picture with the ladies that helped host the party. It was so thoughtful of them to coordinate such a fun event.


I was amazed at how many people stopped by with all their busy schedules. One of my friends even came despite it being her birthday! A bunch of the Young Women and their moms also stopped by... despite lots of homework and sports practices. They are such adorable girls!


The Beehives (Young Women ages 12-13) made me the most darling onesies for Caitlin. I was so impressed with their creativity... so I of course started tearing up when I saw them.




Caitlin also got some super cute outfits- this is one of my favorite ones... the jacket totally looks like one that Jessie has... so they're going to be twinners when baby girl arrives.


Several women also made some exquisite handmade blankets. I can't wait to wrap up our little girl in all the cozy things she got.

Andrew's favorite gift by far was this little bib for Caitlin. He is very excited for her to come out so that she can wear it while they go hunt for snails!


I can't even begin to describe how generous people were at our shower... even people who I've never met until that night. What a marvelous group of women! We finally made it home around 9:30pm (the party started at 6:30pm). It was so fun to have a girls night out to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our little ones.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can totally relate to that feeling of being overwhelmed by generosity and love--You are one person who has made me feel that way and I know you do it for lots of people so I'm so glad others did it for you!