Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin Patch in a Parking Lot

Last week we went to Lemos Farm (trekking all the way to HMB)... and this week we went to Grandpa's Pumpkin Patch in Mountain View. Grandpa's Pumpkin Patch is in a parking lot outside Sears. This doesn't make much difference to a little kid... which is why going to Grandpa's is now an annual tradition (love these pics from last year). Cheap... and I can sit in the shade of the bouncy houses and relax.

Yesterday we went over in between my work meetings. We chose fun over Andrew getting a nap... and we paid big for that decision later in the day... but we still had a great time despite the heat.



A teepee at a pumpkin patch? Kinda random. I was wishing the whole time that I had a sleeping bag and I could curl up and take a nap inside.


Two Bouncy houses + 90 degree heat made me sweaty just watching the little dude. I bought myself some water and occasionally was a good mom and forced him to stop bouncing and inhale water.


The haunted house was a hit. Frankenstein....


and a huge spider = Totally cool


I made us go through it several times just because it was in the shade. Notice Andrew's RED face. It was sooo hot!


So hot that he didn't want to crawl through the hay maze (think sweaty sticky legs with hay all attached to them)... but loved pretending that he was coming out of the pumpkin's mouth.

He also freaked me out by climbing to the top of the big hay tower...


and then his shirt got caught on the way down and I was cracking up... until I realized I had to climb the hay tower to help him. Hot sweaty pregnant lady on the hay tower wasn't the prettiest sight. I am such a nice mom that I totally was snapping pictures of him stuck on the pumpkin while he was saying, "help me mom."



The "pumpkin patch" also has bikes and cars that kids can ride. Since they don't drive very well on hay... I used every opportunity to get Andrew to drink when he'd get stuck.


We had an awesome tantrum when we left the Pumpkin Patch. I promised Andrew we'd go back with Kevin another time. Unfortunately we accidently drove by the Pumpkin Patch later in the day and then we got another huge tantrum... and then little dude proceeded to scream (and cry and yell) a good chunk of the drive home.

My patience only lasts so long. I almost threatened to let him walk home (this was along 880 during peak traffic time)... and I am pretty sure I yelled a few times. In all my years of teaching some pretty abusive and frustrating kids... I yelled maybe twice? Yesterday I know I yelled more than that. We both were in dire need of a nap.

Who knew a parking lot Pumpkin Patch could dredge up such emotion?!!

I fell asleep before 10pm on the couch completely drained... and swearing to be a nicer mom the next day.

No comments: