Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Great Pumpkin Party


Today we had our "Great Pumpkin" Halloween party. You can read all about what we did here.

I really wanted to have a super cool Halloween Party and do some fun games, decorate my house really well, and make some awesome treats... but let's be honest, I'm tired and I grunt loudly every time I get up lately... and stumble and walk weird. It scares Andrew. So instead, I came up with a very simple craft the kids could make, got a few movies, and had people volunteer to bring different pumpkiny or Halloweeny treats.

Mostly the moms wanted to chat and the kids wanted to run around and play with toys and eat food, so everyone seemed content and happy.

I made pumpkin cakes again in my heart mold. They were delicious and I ate them all day as I made them. These were the ones that were left. I probably had already eaten 4-5... or more.


These were my favorite candies. Andrew kept thinking they were bouncy balls and would throw them at things.


We made "Great Pumpkin" masks and watched a Charlie Brown and a Max & Ruby Pumpkin movie.


I think we had about 15 kids and 8-9 adults at the party, so that brought a lot of energy and fun people to chat with. I was too busy socializing and running around giving Andrew kindness rocks, so I didn't really get any pictures of the party.

I kind of wish I would've thought to have the kids dress up in their costumes... but since I'm lazy and still haven't finished putting Andrew's costume together yet, it was probably for the best. I am excited to live vicariously through Elise & Sarah's cute upcoming Halloween party... and then maybe try to be more creative and less boring next year!

I miss being an elementary school teacher and having a "Room Mom" to coordinate the party and make my ideas come to fruition without me having to do much work.

4 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Hey, at least you're brave enough to even have a party. I'm not 8+ months pregnant and yet I feel far too lazy to attempt such a task. I'm sure it was a hit! And the kindness rocks? What a great plan. I'm putting it into effect immediately. So glad you are so bright and creative that I can mooch off of you! (I'm also glad that I'm not the only one not finished with the Halloween costume!)

Bruce and Christie said...

You are always doing fun, crafty stuff. Its great! I wish we were your neighbors...I'd be your "room mom" :) I love decorating for parties!
-christie-

Jenny said...

I think that looks super fun! Going all out for parties is fun, but sometimes it's also nice to simplify. I think everyone still has a good time.

I love the kindness rocks idea. We've tried something similar with warm fuzzies, but those shiny rocks are pretty cool. In Andrew's defense, I might throw something if someone bit me too!!

Stephanie said...

We do the kindness rocks too. They wrok, at least for a while!