Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Coming Home!

We are home! I am loving my couch, treat-filled cupboards, and cozy clothes!

This morning while Andrew was at Mom's Day Out, Shari and Kevin came to the hospital and helped us get ready to go home!!

Getting all dolled up in a new outfit
(she is still recovering from the trauma- quite a drama queen)


After screaming for awhile because she didn't like being cold, this was how she calmed herself down. She has some good dexterity with those hands... and nice long pointy fingers and nails. I see manicures in our future!

Thank you Nordstroms and great Smith family taste for her adorable outfit


Getting in the car seat was also traumatic...


But it was so cozy once she was in it she slept all afternoon


Kev, Shari, and Andrew came and picked me up. The little dude was loving the wheelchair.
If only we could take one home as a souvenir gift?... and yes, I still can't believe they gave me a Vera Bradley bag at the hospital. Jessie had noticed it the night before and I has assured her it was a knock off- guess not! It is the perfect size for toting around diapers, etc. Definitely will be coming back here again! ;)
Me and the cute babe and hubby


The packed car on the drive home.


Andrew serenaded sleeping Caitlin with "I saw her standing there" by the Beatles.

We arrived home to discover a big bouquet of balloons from some sweet friends at church and a goody bag full of lots of treats to eat! My friends obviously know me well.


Sugary goodness!


Caitlin recovered from the trip home by chillin next to the fireplace in the warm house


Later when she woke up, Andrew gave her a concert at the piano. He was really excited that her eyes were open and she was looking at him.


Then it was back to dreamland
(Candice & Bryant- Thanks so much for letting us borrow the swing!!
I can already tell she's going to love it!)


Big brother patted her so gently while she slept!!... and even turned down the volume on the piano so that he would "make baby Caitlin happy" and "not wake her up." Ha! We'll see how long that lasts :)


He was probably still loving her because guess what Caitlin brought home from the hospital for her super cool big brother?

A fancy new scooter bike


He's been driving around the garage all afternoon wanting me to take pictures of him on the bike, falling off the bike, crashing the bike into things, etc. Definitely a good way for us to get some bonding time while Kevin and Shari keep an eye on the little princess.

I should be napping right now (but who can do that at 5pm?)... but my house is quiet and my posse is out picking up Cheesecake Factory take-out for us. I think Caitlin's first day home has been successful... let's hope we can say the same thing for tonight. Fortunately, Kevin got two good nights of sleep at home while I slept at the loud hospital... so he and Caitlin might be doing some late night Halo playing tonight while I catch some zzzs!

Thanks again for all the kind comments and congratulations over the past few days! We have waited a long time for this sweet little spirit to join our family and we couldn't be any more happy that she has finally arrived! We are so grateful for the privilege of being able to be her parents.

As a disclaimer: I apologize in advance for the overabundance of posts in the next few weeks :) I upload pics and blog when I am feeding the baby... there will be an excess off sitting around time in the middle of the night and day. I have help for Andrew for the next 4 weeks. I don't know what the rest of you do with that down time... or if your kids are just nice and sleep at night... but I blog (and read blogs). By the end of this year I'm sure you'll all feel like you were right here with me watching Caitlin grow up. :) If you haven't updated your blog recently... please do it- if only as a service to me because it gets boring at night!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What!!? You have help with Andrew for 4 weeks!!!!!??? You are so lucky. Seriously, so lucky! She's a cutie. Glad you guys are home!

Kristina said...

I agree, hope it goes well :) Kev is home for 2 weeks, my mom comes for a week, then kev's mom comes for a week, then my fam comes for the week after christmas. lots of people to play w andrew.

Jan'l said...

She is so adorable! I am so happy for you guys and so glad the first day went well. Hope you have a Merry Christmas with your new little angel.

Liz said...

I love all the updates and all the darling pictures of both Caitlin and Andrew!! I love his new toy!

I promise I'll get my blog updated soon just so you'll have something to read. I've just been trying to climb out of the hole I was in last week!!!