Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Trains and Cookies

I bought this cute foam train craft for Andrew at Michaels earlier in the week. I thought it would be really fun to put together... but neglected to notice the 6+ on the box. My mom and Andrew put it together (and I helped a little bit too) and although it took a little longer than we expected, it turned out pretty well. We still aren't totally done... and we deviated a bit from the instructions... but I think it's as good as it is going to get for now!


Andrew's favorite part of the activity was sitting in between me and my mom on his own big chair and having our undivided attention while Caitlin napped.


Yesterday we spent the afternoon baking (during Andrew's naptime). Isn't my little baker buddy adorable?


This baker buddy is pretty awesome too.


She made the peanut butter blossoms and I made the heart-shaped peppermint brownies.


We got out all my fabulous Spode Christmas serving dishes, dessert plates, glasses, and my new tablecloth (thank you Shari!) and decked out the dining room table.


Then we put this little dude to bed in his new Christmas p.j.s from Grandma Julie (he was too excited to wait till Christmas)...


And right about 8pm a few friends from my neighborhood and ward arrived for a little Christmas cookie swap. (I missed my favorite annual cookie swap this year and was feeling a little out of sorts and down about it because it is usually the kick off to our holiday season... in addition to being a truly awesome party.)

We had a fabulous night sitting around the dining room table, chatting, and eating lots of cookies.


My co-hostess was a dream. She slept and slept.


After eating and chatting for awhile, I gave each of the guests a cute snowman tin and everyone loaded up on cookies to take home.


Guess what I ate for breakfast today?

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

You and I must have had the same thing for breakfast! I don't know about you, but I also had some for lunch and dinner. :)

Jenny said...

i'm still bummed i missed it but thanks for sharing the wealth today! i had a few cookies on the way home from MDO.

Ashley said...

Love your heart-shaped peppermint brownies! And so funny about that train. We bought it for Charlie last year and sent it with him to grandma's house as a fun project. Grandma was not pleased!