Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Random things

1.

I've been coming up with lots of activities for Andrew to do independently so that I can get things done during the day... like present wrapping and cleaning... since I try to get to bed early these days and no longer have evenings free.

My favorite activity is foam sticker time. It is nice and simple. Buy a bucket of foam stickers, give him a big piece of paper, and let him go to town.


This masterpiece was for his daddy. He thinks all the penguins were roller skating (they were actually ice skating) and so now he runs around the house looking for his pretend roller skates so he can put them on and "skate" around.

2.

Andrew keeps finding monsters in his room during nap time lately. They like to hide out in the corner of his bed. One day I picked the "monster" up and carried him into the bathroom and closed the door. That was good enough for Andrew and he went to sleep.

Yesterday I taught him to chant, "Monster monster go away, don't come back for another day." He was very pleased that his little chant made the monster go away.

3.

Andrew's window looks out over the driveway. Last night Kevin snuck outside to watch the eclipse around midnight. This morning Andrew said to Kevin, "Daddy, I saw you goed outside last night." Nothing gets past that little kid. Maybe we should have him start spying on the neighbors to figure out which dog is going to the bathroom on our lawn?

4.

Today I went on a long walk... the first long walk I've taken since I had Caitlin. I felt so good that I decided to run the last half of the walk. It wasn't long, but it felt awesome. It is amazing how much easier it is to run now that I've dropped a bunch of pounds. My joints are mad at me tonight though. Definitely time to hit the sack! Caitlin and I have a full day of shopping planned for tomorrow, so we need our beauty rest! Hopefully she complies.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm going to have to try your ideas of getting rid of monsters. George seems to be having the same problem!

Ashley said...

Isn't it always the nightly struggle--get stuff done or go to bed? Good for you for forcing yourself to sleep! I always choose to do stuff and I HATE myself for it in the morning!