Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Going going going

Kevin's mom went home on Monday and Kev went back to work yesterday. We had our first day alone... just me, Andrew, and Caitlin. We spent the morning playing with Christmas toys and hanging out at home. I promised Andrew that we'd go to the park before lunch... and I was pretty impressed with how quickly we got out of the house once it was time. It almost felt like a fire drill. "K, Andrew... we have 30 minutes till Caitlin needs to eat again, RUN to the car." He helped me grab stuff and we RAN and hopped in the car. I love that he can put his own shoes and coat on and almost completely buckle himself into his seatbelt. Makes life so much easier!

It started raining on the way to the park. Andrew's response, "A little rain is OK." I did not feel like dealing with a tantrum... so we went to the park :)

Cute Caitlin was all bundled up and covered... and fast asleep


It rained lightly, but we didn't care... and we weren't the only crazy people at the park.


We strengthened our muscles and got all our energy out. It has been raining so much lately... it felt good to be outside finally! And yes, I am a bad mom. I didn't make him wear a coat. He takes after me and moves around a lot when he is outside, so he gets overheated if he is in a coat (I wear short sleeves to run in the winter). When he is actually cold he tells me and he will put on his coat. Yesterday wasn't one of those days...


Andrew loves to narrate his activities... so he loves to tell Caitlin all about what he is doing.

"Look at me swinging high baby Caitlin!"



After the park, lunch, and naps, Scott, Cat, and G&G Smith arrived!

Scott and Tito finally got to meet Caitlin


Caitlin loved staring at Scott and even smiled a few times.

Later in the evening, Aunt Jessie arrived! By Andrew's out of control excited reaction to her arrival, you would've thought she was a celebrity. He screamed her name and went running like a banshee to go give her a hug at the door. After she spent the evening playing with Andrew, she finally won the fight with G&G Smith to get some cuddle time with Caitlin!


We now have family in town again!... and I am back to having loads of people to entertain Andrew, cuddle with Caitlin, and give my arms a break. That one day was rough ;) It is going to be a sad day when everyone is gone and Kevin is back to work next Tuesday!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I have a feeling you are going to be just fine when Kevin goes back to work!

So fun to have family in town though. Who doesn't love extra help?!?