Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Big Weekend

This weekend was full of a few big events... mostly just BIG in my opinion... so of course I documented them with some pictures.

On Friday Andrew had Mom's Day Out. I hope I am not jinxing this by saying anything... but he was great. We did a photo shoot in the parking lot before we went in.

Cheese man


Best smile he could muster... he was so excited to have his new backpack with him

Grr!

I even made him a fluffernutter sandwich and fresh cookies for lunch (plus some fruit and healthy stuff)... which he put in his cool spiderman lunchbox (from Grandma Julie). Of course he didn't eat any of it... even the unhealthy stuff.

When we entered class, Andrew said loudly, "That is the mean boy there in the orange shirt." I immediately glanced around hoping the "mean" boy's mom wasn't there anymore. I told little dude that hopefully he would be nice this week and then I reminded him I was going to do work while he played with his friends. I couldn't leave fast enough for him. He kept saying "Bye Mom!"

He made a cute cereal necklace for the craft. His teacher said that while he was making the necklace he would look at the cereal piece he picked up, say, "nope, not that one" and then eat it... instead of putting it on his necklace. He ate a lot of cereal... :) Maybe that's why he didn't want lunch?


I had three beautiful hours without any phone calls telling me to come back and get my crazy child :) I camped at Starbucks close by, did two hours of work, and then did email and other catch up stuff for awhile. It was blissful!

Little dude also had some potty training successes on Friday- at Mom's Day Out and again later in the day. I'll have to post the pics later of our celebratory trip to Baskin & Robbins when I get them from Kevin. Kevin got back from his 3 day conference in Monterey and we were totally stoked! We celebrated by spending the entire night putting Andrew's big boy bed together and moving furniture til 1am. Man, things are exciting at our house! ;)

On Saturday we got to have Grace & George over! It was the highlight of Andrew's day.

We raced cars on our super cool track


Grace did some fun sorting activities with me while the boys were busy upstairs watching Kevin replace all the face plates on the outlets (they were fascinated!)

"Uh, you forgot a spot for ovals?"


We did a lot of bubble blowing
George & Andrew thought it was fun to blow bubbles at the bush, the spider webs... and at ME (mostly because they were trying to blow them at the baby)


Such cute little buddies!


Later in the day Andrew's twin mattress arrived! The delivery people showed up right on time (and since we aren't used to that... we weren't home yet). Fortunately, the missionaries from church were nearby and came over and signed the delivery paperwork for us and then guarded Andrew's mattress till we got home. Then they unloaded our car full of closet remodeling stuff from Lowes (including two 140 lb boxes). We thanked them by sharing some of the delicious cookies Liz made for me... and sharing lots of popsicles!! We love those guys!!

Saturday night was spent with Marisa and Jeremy! We BBQed and Andrew serenaded them with lots of Beatles tunes. He spent half the evening smitten with Jeremy... and followed him around everywhere.

After dinner Jeremy & Marisa had a play-doh competition... and Marisa's snail creation won Andrew over for the rest of the night. Jeremy made one cool intricate play-doh creation after another... and it couldn't compare to Marisa's pink snail and fish.

While the guys moved some boxes, Marisa & Andrew played catch with his little snail stuffed animal. This might be Andrew's new favorite activity. After a really great evening, we finally had to say good-bye and put the little man to bed.


Little dude went right to sleep with no tears and no escaping from the bed. I am not expecting that to happen every night... but for tonight, it was nice. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the morning.

PS- Don't judge the room decor yet. The cute bedding didn't get put on... the navy cover isn't over the mattress box springs, and the bed safety thing we bought was defective, so Kevin had to return it tonight (hence all the pillows on the floor)... yada, yada... everything is still a work in progress. Don't the blues in the sheet set and walls look very matchy matchy? Good thing that isn't what you'll see once the quilt, duvet, etc. is on!


All in all, a very full weekend with a few big events... and a few minor ones.

I am hoping that my BIG event for tomorrow is a nap! I think the only time I sat down today was at dinner. I am surprised I don't have cankles yet. Now that my little treats for the YW are done baking and I finished preparing my lesson, I can finally head to bed.

Good night!!

How much do you want to bet that little man will fall out of bed the second I get into mine?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

i am so happy he likes moms day out this year! both weeks he has seemed so happy there when i saw him.

hope the transition to a big boy bed works out well for you!

The Mostess said...

Hoping he stayed tucked in nicely all night long!

Love the bed and the blue walls. I'm excited to see the finished room!

Liz said...

Thank you so much for watching Grace and George!! Grace was so upset that I came to get her before she got a chance to go on a walk.

Love the new bed and love that Andrew went to bed with no problem!