Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grateful!

I feel so fortunate lately to have such wonderful friends, a great neighborhood, a fabulously happy little family, a job that I enjoy, a job that Kevin absolutely loves, and more blessings than we can count.

I know that life has ups and downs and lately I mostly feel like things are "up" for us. I should watch what I say, because that could change very quickly, but I definitely feel it is appropriate to express gratitude at times like these to my Heavenly Father. It makes the harder times a little easier when you can look back and see all the sweet moments you have been blessed with.

A family in my parent's ward in Utah has been going through many hard trials lately, and yet I am uplifted daily by their positive attitude. Melanie's blog, called Positive Outlier, is such a wealth of beautiful quotes and uplifting experiences. It reminds me daily that I need to treasure every little moment that I am given and not take anything for granted. Reading her blog makes it much easier for me to not complain when I am having backaches, trouble breathing, or experiencing crazy two-year old tantrumy days.

I love the quote Melanie shared today by Elder Maxwell: "The very process of daily living makes and breaks followers. Life’s stern seasons and storms overturn those not grounded and rooted. However, those who believe and are sure about Jesus Divinity do not panic, for instance, at the arrival of a new volley of fiery darts; they merely hold aloft the quenching shield of faith.”

I only hope that I can be as faithful and courageous when trials come my way in the future.

These are a few little moments I've loved from the past week that I also managed to snap photos of. Little snippets of time that I treasured. It is amazing how many blessings can be found when you look for them.

Watching Andrew do Latin dancing with the YW...
they were embarrassed, but he got them up and moving


Andrew's LOVE for his daddy. When Kevin arrives home, Andrew runs to the garage door and says, "Hi daddy, did you have a good day at Google today?"

He loves to help his daddy with anything... and his newest thing he carries around everywhere is his flashlight. He manages to use it whenever he "helps" Kevin with anything... and he loves to do anything I ask during the day if his flashlight can help him do it.


Goofing around... we love being silly at our house.
I've loved all the moments lately when I have just laughed and laughed- it just feels so good


Positive attitudes running errands- Andrew finds fun and excitement in every outing... and manages to keep me happy and entertained, even while we wait for paint to get mixed at Home Depot.


Autumn is another blessing! I love the crisp air, beautiful colors, and fun activities.


This afternoon we had the most exquisite run through out neighborhood. The leaves were beautiful and my little guy happily serenaded me with Beatles tunes while we ran hills.

We also treasure the brief moments we get to spend with Kevin lately. He has been gone a lot or working late or out doing church assignments and I hear the words, "I want my daddy!" a lot... to which I sometimes reply with a tear or two, "I want your daddy too." But I also feel that Andrew and I have had so much extra time, just the two of us, to bond and have fun together... which I really think is an added blessing right before our new little one arrives.

I am continually reminded that there are no coincidences. Heavenly Father has a plan for our family and our life and I just need to be faithful and grateful during both the periods of joy and the periods of hardship!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

great post! thanks!

Liz said...

Love this. Well said!