Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Fun

This week we have been having a lot of fun celebrating the beginning of Fall!

I have started trying to do little arts & crafts classes once or twice a month with different friends. It is great to get the kids together and be creative and then have time to chat with other moms.

This week we made chocolate chip acorns

Most of the kids probably put way more chocolate in their mouthes than on their acorns... Andrew included :)




We also made cute Fall trees



I think I have just as much fun making the example projects as the kids do making the actual project!


Andrew and I also made this funny acorn man yesterday




I have also been doing Fall nesting... which means cleaning out places like my craft cupboard! I am having a giveaway on my Toddler blog to get rid of some of the duplicate things that I bought (and don't really need)... but that are brand new. Check out the blog if you want some free stuff :) All you need to do is comment and tell me a fun Fall activity you like to do with your kids (or a Fall craft that you like to do) and you might end up winning a package full of Fall stuff. I need some new craft ideas for my craft class next week... so if you are crafty please comment!


Our last Fall fun (NOT!) activity we've been doing is spending A LOT of time in the bathroom. All I've got to say is that NOT potty training Andrew is wasting way too much of my time. He wants to go to the bathroom (#2) and then will get there... and say "I don't want to go" and so I'll say, "That's ok" and we'll go back to playing, then we'll repeat the process again and again until we've literally spent all afternoon NOT going to the bathroom... and then eventually he'll go to the bathroom (in the toilet). Such a painful process... especially since I DON'T want to be potty training him... but don't want to screw it up for when I do want to potty train him in the future... so I just positively reinforce every attempt with praise. He hasn't had a stinky diaper in a week... it's all been in the toilet, but it has been such a frustrating week (for me)! Do they have any books out there about how NOT to potty train your kid and make them wait till you are ready? :)

No comments: