Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Living it Up

I have a feeling I might take a maternity leave from throwing little parties and having lots of people over once baby Caitlin comes... so in the meantime, Andrew and I are living it up and we're trying to pack in as much fun with friends as we can. Andrew's been so excited about this new plan that he likes to stay up all afternoon during naptime bouncing on his bed.

He was soooo hyper during our afternoon Fall craft class/party today. He ran around knocking kids over that were in his path and spun in circles, jumped on beds, furniture, and chairs, and then at other times he would just yell from pure excitement.


For our little crafts we made acorn stained glass windows and leaf owls. They looked really cute, but required a lot of parent help.






I love having lots of Andrew's friends over and inviting new people and not really limiting the number... so today was total chaos :) I think we had about 13 kids plus moms... so probably over 20 people at our house at one point. I loved having so many people to chat with and catch up with... but my internal heater (aka baby Caitlin) totally slowed me down a bit. I felt like I was in a sauna even though our air conditioning was going full blast. I also never really sat down or stopped moving... so that probably didn't help.


Unfortunately Andrew felt semi-neglected while I was having fun socializing and decided to get my attention with all sorts of negative behaviors. He was very successful, despite all my knowledge of behavior management... and I totally fed his crazy behavior by not paying attention to his good behavior (bc I was distracted). It is nice to be put in my place and be reminded often by my little sweetheart that I'm not as great of a mom as I think I am sometimes. ;) I think he even pinched me, pulled my hair, and hit me at different times today. Might be pulling out my CPI skills on him soon.

After craft time, we decorated leaf sugar cookies that I had made. Andrew was adorable earlier in the day before his "nap" (where he never slept) and he helped me cut out all the cookies. Once they spread out in the oven, the leaves looked like snowmen, but they tasted good!


This was my favorite cookie decorating picture. She definitely enjoyed her frosting!!


These little guys had fun with the sprinkles and frosting as well.


All the awesome moms helped me move tables back, sweep the floor, pick up toys, and put things away while we chatted... so when everyone headed home about two hours later... I didn't have much of a mess to clean up. Everyone also brought supplies to contribute for the crafts, so it made coordinating the activity a lot easier. I love my friends! Now I just need to organize a Girls Night so that I can hang out and chat with everyone without totally sabotaging my behavior plan with Andrew :) (Good thing my ward is throwing me a big baby shower this week so I can get my wish!)

I'm not quite sure if you can sprain the top of your foot throwing a party, but I do know that I'll be spending the evening with my feet up because one of them is really hurting and I wouldn't be surprised if they are both swollen before I go to bed. Ah... the sacrifices we make for parties :)

At least I felt cute all afternoon. I finally found my leggings and broke out this newer outfit. A nice change from my usual daily maternity uniform.


All this "living it up" is making me exhausted! Good thing I have a few hours to relax before the partying starts again tomorrow.

3 comments:

JerzyGrl said...

What a fun day! I'm exhausted just reading this. I wish we lived closer so we could've come! Love the cute new outfit too (especially since I might get to inherit it when we get around to Baby #2!) :)

Liz said...

Love your new look! Very fashion forward!!! :)

Chrissie said...

You really do know how to throw a party! Thank you so much for all the fun!