Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday's Update

Eventually I probably won't need to bring my camera to every hair cut... but I haven't gotten to that point yet. I finally got on the ball and got haircuts scheduled for both of us this week (I haven't had one since the first week of June... but now one is scheduled for Friday- yippee!).

Little dude loved getting gel in his hair at the end of his cut


Every friend that he saw this afternoon got a little half bow (so you could see his head) and then he'd yell, "see my haircut?" I also loved how he was so social with the hairdresser. "You like Thomas?" "Hi, I'm Andrew, how are you?" "You see my boo boo? I got it at the park"... yada yada.


We also went to virtues class this afternoon. Little dude survived the hour and a half and wasn't too rambunctious... especially considering we haven't been outside hardly at all this entire week and the dude has tons of pent up energy (my large pregnant self and 100 degree heat just don't mix).

I led about ten kiddos in a craft at the end of virtues class. We made leaf friends. :)... since the class theme this month is all about being unified (and I have lots of Fall craft supplies). I drew the circles and legs... just in case you were wondering. He doesn't have that advanced of skills yet :) He did do the hair and eyes on one of the leave people though.


We also attempted to take a picture at the end of class... these were the best we could get and I thought they turned out pretty cute.


The little virtues class is put together by my neighbor who is of the Baha'i faith. The Baha'i community places a huge emphasis on the moral and spiritual education of children. The prayers that they read each week are beautiful and have great messages. The curriculum they try to teach is geared more towards 1st graders (though most of the kids are aged 3-5)... so we don't make it every week. I think it is fascinating to learn about the Baha'i faith though and my neighbor joins me at many of our church functions... so we have great spiritual discussions together. I love the diversity of religions represented within the virtues group as well.


I ended the day eating popsicles with Andrew (bc that counts as dinner when it is 100 degrees outside, right?), making more pumpkin cakes, delivering pumpkin cakes to my neighbors (so that I wouldn't eat all of them), and then hanging out with the YW at church chatting about dating, marriage, and the upcoming Homecoming dance until around 9pm. Wow! I have forgotten how much energy 15 year-olds have. I WISH I could bottle some of it up and drink some every morning!

I am excited because tomorrow we have the entire morning free! Maybe somehow making it look less like a tornado hit my house will make it to our agenda?... but I doubt it.

I am sooo looking forward to hanging out at my house ALL WEEKEND and just watching General Conference in my pajamas!

No comments: