Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Vegas Girls Weekend!!

On Thursday evening I flew to Vegas to join up with Shari, Shauna, and Liesl for the first ever Buskirk (and Johnson) Girls Weekend! My flight was beautiful. I read a book, enjoyed a diet coke, did some work... and RELAXED!


Thursday night we watched movies, ate pizza and treats, and lounged at the hotel- the Desert Paradise Resort... definitely paradise.

I woke up nice and early on Saturday morning for a run and then we went off for mani/pedis. Chatting while relaxing in the big massage chairs was fabulous. My massage chair worked so well and felt so good that I got distracted and had it going really strong... and then spent the rest of the weekend with a bruised back. Felt so good though... the pain was worth it.



After mani/pedis, we did some outlet shopping and I actually found something I liked (and that I can wear now and post-pregnancy). Shauna, Shari, and Liesl all got the same sweater at Ann Taylor. I never got a picture of them all wearing their sweaters... but I thought it was great when both Shari and Shauna came out of the dressing room wearing the same cardigan. :)


For lunch on Friday we went to the Rainforest Cafe. I had never gone before... and loved it!

Especially dessert! We shared the volcano (all four of us) and STILL couldn't finish it.


Friday night we headed over to The Mirage to see Cirque du Soleil's LOVE. Since our family (Andrew) is OBSESSED with the Beatles right now, I thoroughly enjoyed every number in the show... and could sing along to every song. The acrobatics were also amazing! I especially loved the rollerskaters.



After LOVE, we watched the volcano explode at the Mirage and then we headed down to the Bellagio to watch the water show. At that point of the evening I was wishing for new legs (carrying 20 extra pounds definitely has been killing my calves!)... but I grabbed a sugar-filled raspberry granita at Caesars Palace and got my second wind.





We ended the night with some hot tubbing (I loved soaking my sore legs while sitting on the ledge) and chatting.

Saturday was filled with more relaxing, a nice morning run/walk, and a trip to M&Ms World!


We also explored the Venetian and hit up the Carnival World Buffet at the Rio for lunch. After we were done and basically had to be rolled to the car (the gelato was soooo good!)... I went back to the hotel to pack.

The weekend flew by far too quickly! It was so nice to have time to hang out with Shari, Liesl, and Shauna and chat and relax without the craziness of having all of the kiddos running around. I slept the entire peaceful flight home and then got picked up by Jessie & my mom for a Girls Weekend continuation (see previous post).

Back to reality now :) which is fortunately also amazing. I sure missed Kevin & Andrew!! It is nice to be home! Thanks Shari for such a fun girls weekend!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! Hard to believe you do so much and are pregnant. You look radiant through it all too!!

Sarah said...

Flying without a child sounds so relaxing! Sounds like a fun weekend.

Jenny said...

fun fun fun!

liesl said...

It was so fun! I'm so glad you made the effort to fly out, pregnant as you are, even with all of the excitement happening at home. Let's go again!

Lindsey said...

Fun weekend! And Fun that Jessie is living in Palo Alto! That is awesome and how did she score a house like that?
You look awesome. As if i doubted you would!