Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Morning Madness

We had two of Andrew's little friends over for the morning. I think hanging out with a passel of kids is one of my favorite things- more entertaining comments, more craziness, more energy, and more fun!

Call me crazy, but I think the day is easier and goes so much faster when there are a bunch of kids over. I hope it happens more often.

We started off the morning with a walk to the park. These guys had a blast yelling, "SUPERMAN!" and spinning themselves silly.



This little dude waited patiently for his turn and gave me all sorts of darling smiles.


Then when it was his turn he made sure to yell "SUPERMAN!" loudly too, just like the bigger kids.


Andrew loved showing his buddies where the snails hang out. I found a few for them to watch... and fortunately no one tried to touch them!


Andrew's little buddy taught him how to go down the twisty fireman pole. I was glad someone showed him how to do it, since I wasn't about to demonstrate it for him anytime soon.


My favorite part of our park trip was when two different moms commented on how I must have a lot of energy (looking at my belly and all 3 kids) and "wow, you've got your hands full." They were both very relieved when they learned that all three kids weren't mine. Ages almost 4, 2.5, and almost 2, plus a baby on the way... yeah, that would be CRRRazy! (and not completely possible).

When we got home we colored with chalk...


and goofed around with playdough. I think my playdough and tools stash is finally large enough to keep everyone happy. There were enough "cool" things to hold, cut with, mold, etc. so no one was fighting- always a bonus :)


Andrew modeled his nice new nose for me. You can't tell very well from the picture, but he basically scraped the entire first layer or so of skin off his forehead and nose. Poor kid only has one speed- FAST- and was running down a cement incline. Obviously we could all see what was going to happen... but there is no way to stop this running machine. Luckily we were close to some cool spider webs on our walk home from the park and he was distracted quickly.


What an adorable little playdough creator!


Lunchtime! The quietest time of the day. :)... until they all starting knocking over their sippy cups and saying "oops!" and thinking it was hysterical. I love the things that kids think are SO funny. They just kept setting each other off and getting the giggles.


Popsicle time!


Next we did car races in the driveway. They all actually stayed behind the line and waited for me to say, "On your marks, get set, Go!" Andrew is a little OCD about races lately. He really gets annoyed when friends don't follow the rules and will say, "he/she's cheating". Fortunately these guys cooperated :)


And they're off! We learned quickly that the little bike was the only one that could win the race... so we had to take turns so that everyone got to win.



We also did laps around our little cul-de-sac! I love living on a cul-de-sac. I remember when Andrew was 18 months old in our duplex last summer and he'd run down the street away from me and could potentially keep running indefinitely and I hated it! Now, he can run... but he always winds up back in front of our house (since I only let him run one direction). Definitely makes things a little easier for a large pregnant lady!


We ended the day with a Beatles iTunes jam session in the backyard. Andrew started jamming on his hockey stick like it was a guitar and everyone else grabbed a stick and joined in! They looked so adorable all dancing around! I should've video taped it.


We moved the jam session into the car and drove everyone home just in time for naps and before any major meltdowns. Andrew saved his meltdown for the drive home (and the rest of the afternoon :)).

I loved trying out so many car seats in my car and discovering that they fit! Andrew LOVED being in the back and thought it was so funny that I couldn't reach him. I thought it was great that it little commanding voice was just a teensy bit quieter too :) Maybe that'll be his new spot? When I finally got him out of the car back at home he yelled, "you can reach me now!!" and was so excited.


What an awesome day.

1 comment:

cara said...

Looks like such a fun day! Thank you so much. Hope to be back on my feet soon to play.