Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Up the nose

I don't know why... but sometimes I think Andrew is more grown up and smarter than he actually is (maybe because he talks so well?)... and then somedays (like today), I am reminded that he is only two and a half... and not so bright sometimes.

We were doing a fun art project with pictures of his cousins and he was eating raisins. He was eating and I was taping something... and then he said, "Mom, I put a raisin up my nose." And my response was, "Seriously? You didn't really do that did you?"... and he responded with "Yep!' I checked, and "yep!" it was up his nose.

I started freaking out. I don't handle situations like this well at all.


The poor kid was really traumatized and I don't think he will EVER do that again after the trauma of us holding him down and trying to get the raisin out with tweezers. That being said... he is a toddler and has a short attention span... so he definitely could forget the trauma and do it again. :)

Luckily he knows how to blow his nose and just blew the raisin out. Could've saved us a lot of stress if I'd remembered that sooner.

His best grumpy, I'm mad at you face :)

2 comments:

kt said...

Oh man! I'm glad he told you what was going on! When my younger sister was Andrew's age she put a lego piece up her nose and then promptly took a nap. She woke up bawling and I don't think she was either as old as Andrew or maybe just not as talkative, because it took quite a while for us to figure out what was happening...

Sarah said...

I am laughing right now- that picture of Kevin with Andrew on the ground is hilarious. Putting something up one's nose is classic kid.