Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Painting... Fun House style

Today was the only day that our painters could come this week. Unfortunately I had to work all day... and left for Palo Alto at 6:30am. Jessie watched Andrew all day and kept an eye on the painters. All day I was anxious to see how the paint job turned out.

Jessie's description- "kind of a like a Fun House." These pictures don't do the pink justice... it looks muted compared to how it actually looks. It is a little too pink for me. Not quite sure what to do. I was hoping for a little bit lighter pink like this room has.


Picture this room, with a dark wood crib & dresser... and this bedding. I think I want to go a shade or two lighter.



Andrew's room actually turned out closer to what I was hoping it would look like. Picture his blue room with this bed and bedding. The paint coordinates really well with some of the light blues in his quilt... I think... but really, I have no clue? I'll post more pics after we move all his baby furniture out and move in his big boy bed... and then we'll see.


Ignore the messes! The painters just randomly put things back after they were done.



The funniest part is that looking at the two rooms next to each other reminds me of a Fun House- there is quite a contrast between the two colors- it is very colorful! The rest of our house is all beige and neutrals... so adding color is a new thing for me. Probably should've started with lighter, more muted colors.

Kevin gets home on Friday night... and then we'll pow wow about what to do. I'm thinking that I might be having the painters come back to redo the baby room next week. Such a bummer! I hate these sort of decisions. The color looked so much less pink when it was on a few small pieces of paper.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

you are making me nervous to paint now! that pink doesn't look too crazy--kate would love it! i do prefer the lighter pink in the picture though.

JerzyGrl said...

Maybe I'm missing something...but the pinks don't look that different to me. The Pottery Barn pic just also has curtains and varying pinks so it changes the look. I'd have to see it in person, but it might look less extreme once you have curtains up and pictures and shelves on the wall to break up the color.

Kristina said...

You'd have to see it. Much brighter color in the room... and unfortunately we don't have windows you can do curtains on. I agree it might look different with more stuff added... but it isn't the serene color I was hoping for :(

E J said...

I think if your furniture was white or light wood (like the Pottery Barn pic), the pink would not seem so bold. This may seem funny, but a deeper/richer pink may actually balance out the dark wood better.

The Mostess said...

I think it looks great--but I also understand that you have to love it. If your reaction is annoyance every time you see it, you should re-paint.

Give it a few days and see how you feel. You may come around. I know it took me a few days to finalize decisions. Good luck!

Ashley said...

I think they look fantastic but I understand if the pink one is bolder in real life. It's probably worth repainting rather than being unhappy with it every time you see it. Those rooms are going to look so darling with the bedding you linked to!

delikk said...

I like both rooms...from the pictures at least. What blue color is that? We need a nice blue for he baby's room.

Kristina said...

Kath- the color is called Utterly Blue Satin. We got it at Lowes. The brand is Valspar. I would go a shade lighter for a baby's room.

Liz said...

I can't wait to see it in person. I'm sure Grace will think it is best room in your house. :)

I agree with Elise. I actually thought the color of your walls looked the same as the color in the PBK picture.

I've learned through all my painting choices in my house that the best way to go is always one shade lighter of any color I like. Paint always looks darker on the walls.

Sarah said...

I think the paint turned out great in both rooms, but I also understand that if you have an idea of what the shade will look like and it doesn't turn out that way it can be incredibly annoying. Can't wait to see more as everything takes shape.