Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pumpkin Bars!

As most of you know, if a dessert doesn't involve chocolate, I'm not usually that interested in it... but these are an exception. Kevin even asked if I was going to put chocolate chips in them (which I might at some point), but I actually like them so much I didn't want to ruin them by adding chocolate this time. I got this recipe from my friend Laurie and absolutely love it.


I was up til 1:30am working on a project and these definitely gave me the energy to plug along! :)

PUMPKIN BARS

1 ½ cup flour

1 ¾ cup sugar

1 tsp baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

½ tsp nutmeg

½ tsp ginger

½ tsp cloves

½ tsp salt

½ C oil

1 can pumpkin (15 oz)

3 eggs


Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, combine all bar ingredients.

Beat at low speed until moistened, then beat at medium speed until blended.

Pour into greased pan and spread evenly.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool completely before frosting.

FROSTING (I just used canned Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting bc I was lazy)

2 cups powdered sugar

1/3 c butter, softened

1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened

1 Tbs milk

1 tsp vanilla

Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Beat on high until smooth. Spread on cooled bars.

Yield: 24 bars

(The picture above is not of my bars. I baked mine in my heart-shaped silicon molds... and then either ate or gave most of them away... so there wasn't any time for photographs :)!

I think I'll be making them again tomorrow for our YWs activity though. So delicious!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

thanks! after i saw this on fb i decided i HAD to make them.