Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Comments/Questions

Wow, you look so miserable!
Are you hanging in there?
You look like you're going to pop!
Are you so ready to be done?
When's the baby coming?
You're still here?
No baby yet?

These were just a few of the comments from church today. I'm planning to be there next week too (and teach YWs- though I have a back up just in case)... since the baby ISN'T DUE until Nov 30th... so I'm sure I'll get more fun comments next week.

Answers to the questions...

I am definitely not miserable... I actually feel better this week and less uncomfortable than I have my whole pregnancy (surprisingly). I did a workout video last night and felt great.

I am not ready to be done with pregnancy yet. Andrew decided to wake up every 2-3 hours last night and cry for no apparent reason. That better not be my last night of real sleep ;) I need to go out on a good night. Tonight I'll be using the fan and my earplugs just in case.

Due date actually isn't for 9 more days... Andrew was a day early, I'm hoping Caitlin follows suit. So far she's proving to be cooperative.

What I've learned from today...

- Don't make any comments to pregnant women at 39 weeks unless it is something like, "wow, you're glowing" or "you look amazing" or "I can't believe you are already due"

These weren't even that good of comments... I've had some pretty funny ones that I can't remember right now.

What is your favorite thing that people have said to you? I know people mean well and are just trying to make conversation, but sometimes it is still so surprising what people will say.

That being said, I know I am huge. I feel gigantic this time around... definitely more than last time and I know people are just excited for me. I am excited too... just need to make it through the next 7-9 days without a baby and then she is welcome to come at any point. :)

Any predictions? Kevin is guessing November 24th or 25th just because he knows I don't want her to come on those days. :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i thought you looked great when i saw you on Friday! i actually keep forgetting you are due soon.

one time this guy at church ran up to me and asked me if i'd seen his basketball. i said no and started looking around for it. once i finally realized he was trying to jake a joke about my belly i gave him a horrible courtesy laugh. although now thinking about it it was kinda funny.