Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Homework time and chatting

Last night while Kevin and I were downstairs we heard some loud sounds from upstairs.

Andrew lugged this table and chair across the landing and into his room. Then he found his whiteboard and put it on the table.

When asked what he was doing, he said, "I'm doing my homework." He pretended to be typing on his computer.


... and then he needed a little phone break.


Our little interview with him was pretty funny as well.



He cracks me up these days and loves "chatting."

Last night while we were waiting to meet with the Bishop at church, Andrew brought me into an empty classroom.

He said, "Do you want to sit at the table and do some chatting with me?"

I said yes and he showed me which seat was mine.

When I sat down, I asked him what he wanted to chat about... he said "spiders and bounce houses" and then he proceeded to tell me all about the large spiders in our backyard.

I spent years trying to teach kids how to appropriately "chat" during structured "chat time"... maybe Andrew should go teach my old special day class? He's got the turn taking skills down and his random comments crack me up. I especially love it when he's talking with Kevin and he'll say to me, "we're chatting together mom!"

1 comment:

Danielle Bahr said...

You guys crack me up. I love how active and fun you are -- good luck making it through the last week. I told my running friends here that you went running through NYC at 36 weeks pregnant. They were all astounded. I just said, well, you have to know this girl... she never stops :) Can't wait to see pictures of the new babe!