Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Crafty Saturday

I felt like today was a success because I finally finished three crafty projects on my "to do" list.

The first project was the polka dot mobile that I mentioned earlier in the week.



I painted the embroidery hoop, finished adding the glass beads to the bottom of the strands, and figured out how to hang it up (with some help from my handy husband :)).


Still trying to decide if I'll keep the glass beads... they like to fall off randomly despite my tightest knots. I may glue gun them tomorrow to help them stay better... wouldn't want Caitlin to choke on any of them! I love it when projects turn out how you visualize them though!


The second project was hanging up the "I am a child of God" print now that I finished painting the matte two different pink colors. I didn't do any hanging... but delegated that to my handy helper.


My last project was pretty quick, and I think it turned out moderately well. I love these temple prints from Persimmon and Pink but I didn't see one of the Oakland Temple and I didn't want to spend more money, so I decided to try and make my own.

I mixed some paint to match the baby bedding and then found a silhouette of the Oakland Temple online to modify. I traced the black silhouette onto white cardstock and then stuck it to the painted background.


I like how it turned out and liked using the blue from the bedding as an accent color. I'm still not in love with it (looks better on camera than in person), but I am going to make another one for Andrew's room... and maybe it will turn out more like I want it to.




Either way, it was a fun project to attempt. I'm not sure if I like the white matte with the white frame... but I'm not sure what else to do (maybe the matte is too wide?). In Andrew's room I'm going to do an espresso frame and see if I like it better.


Now that Caitlin's room is coming together, I've been trying to figure out some art work for Andrew's room- baseball themed... his walls are soo blue and empty. I'm thinking Norman Rockwell or some vintage baseball prints.

This is my favorite one today.

This print is another favorite from growing up. It hung on the wall of our primary room at church and I have always loved it. It is on its way and will go in either Caitlin or Andrew's room in a big 16x20 frame.



Kevin keeps saying that he hopes my nesting bug goes away soon... but I am loving it. Next up is our living room! We may actually get some furniture in there sometime in the next 9 months (finally) :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

what a lucky little girl Caitlin is to come home to that adorable room! I love the mobile

Liz said...

Everything looks great!! Caitlin's room came together so nicely. The mobile, the I Am A Child Of God print, your darling Oakland Temple - perfection!!

Tell Kevin I kind of like your nesting bug. It's great eye candy for me! :) I can't wait to see what happens in the living room!

Kim and Julie said...

The Oakland Temple turned out just perfect. I like the white on white. The picture of Christ and the children bring back wonderful memories of The Short Hills Ward primary room. I also love the baseball print and think it would look great in Andrews room. Remember to leave a few projects undone until I arrive after Caitlins birth.
Your dad thinks you look exactly like I did a few weeks before giving birth-just beautiful. Remember you can't deliver until after our annual b-day shopping event on friday. Enjoy these last days of calm before the craziness returns. Love you! Mom

Brooke said...

VERY cute! wish i could do a girl's nursery! We have a lot of the same prints. Good job!