Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Night Out at the Shark Tank

Last night we met up in San Jose with Jeremy & Marisa for some good food and entertainment. We started off the night at the Poor House Bistro- San Jose's New Orlean's Joint. Kevin and I have been there several times and he loves their cajun fries and sandwiches. I stick with the kid's grilled cheese and plain fries and we are both always satisfied. They have live music and the crowd is all Sharks fans on game night... it was perfect.


The highlight of dinner was when the server took our food away and dropped his tray. Ketchup flew up and hit Marisa on the forehead and got some ketchup in her hair. It was pretty funny and we had a good chuckle while she went to the bathroom to clean herself up... I was still laughing and then looked down to discover the server had also gotten ketchup all over the bottom of my jeans and shoes. Wasn't laughing as hard after that :)


The Sharks dominated most of the game and won 5-2 against the Tampa Bay Lightning. We managed to weasel seats all together too... even though we were supposed to be seated on opposite ends of the row from each other. I also got an aisle seat... which was a definite bonus.


It was fun to get out together without the little man vying for our attention (or more accurately, "Germany" and Marisa's attention... like when they last came to dinner and he didn't let them rest probably all night).


Not only did we have an awesome date night out, but I got home and our babysitter refused to let me pay her more than $5/hour and she did all my dishes and emptied my dishwasher. I think I'll be baking her some treats later this week. Love that girl!

Sweet way to continue such an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, $5 an hour? I even have to pay more out here. Send your babysitter my way!

Kristina said...

Yeah, usually we pay her $8/hr but she was not taking it on Saturday night.