Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Hodgepodge Post

I keep forgetting to use my camera lately... but here are a few shots I just uploaded from this week and last week... so you can see how we are staying occupied.

Two crazy Native Americans on Sunday afternoon :)


Chief Kevin?


The nesting phase has returned with a vengeance this week now that I am feeling better. My new obsession- apothecary jars for my family room shelf. Happy birthday to me... :) after going to about 5 different stores and returning jars and trying out different ones... I think I might actually settle with this set of three.


The glider arrived and got set up by super Kevin! Next goal is to find an accent pillow that I like (I'm thinking green/pink striped or polka dot or some other not too crazy pattern? who knows really though)... and then find a little accent table to go next to the glider, maybe? I am also loving this jewelry armoire lately to put somewhere in her room (either in white or espresso). Doubt I'll do anything about it though...


Today my crafty friend Liz helped me make Caitlin a mobile for her bed. I think it turned out cute... but it is not done yet. Here's a sneak peak though. Picture me cutting out felt circles for 2 hours last night... and then Liz sewing the felt circles onto polyester thread for at least 2 hours today while the little people jumped on the trampoline with only their diapers on... and I tried to string beads on the ends of slippery thread.


After all of our hard work, Liz & I rewarded ourselves with a Girls Night Out at Crepevine in Palo Alto... and left the dads to put the kiddos to bed. The food was beyond delicious and we had a good time chatting without the distraction of the little people body slamming one another on the trampoline.

When I got home I also discovered an almost finished baby Caitlin closet... the little girl's drawers are already full! All five in the closet... plus the four in her dresser!


This is my favorite dresser drawer. The little shoes, socks, and tights are adorable!


My other obsession this week has been buying picture frames and mattes. After trying to find a matte color that worked with the pink wall and white frame (and didn't clash), I finally decided to use some leftover bedroom paint and paint the mattes myself.


I'm interested to see how it all looks out once it dries.


Next job is to paint my black Pottery Barn shelves white... any tips so that I don't ruin them?

Also, here's my self-portrait at 38 weeks... just a little blurry... but now it is documented :) Check out that BIG belly! I can hardly get out of my car in the garage any more... my belly runs into too many things.


In addition to all this fun... I have spent the past two weeks trying to get as much work done as possible before the baby girl arrives. Creating plate tectonics, early American explorers, and Industrial Technology study guides and tests have occupied every naptime (or "playtime"). Good times!

Kevin is now working from home until the baby arrives... that way he won't be stranded in the South Bay if I were to go into labor at rush hour :) We are loving getting to see him more in the mornings and at lunchtime!!

Andrew and I are trying to relish our time together and have enjoyed a few lazy days of playing with balls and trains inside, going running together (he sings and entertains while I struggle up the hills), and hanging out at the park until it is too dark to see each other any more.

That's my hodgepodge of updates for today!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

all of that looks cute!

Chrissie said...

I love the mobile...I want to copy it!

Candice said...

I love the apothecary jars- very hip! Caitlin's room is really coming together.

Liz said...

That mobile looks pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!!

GNO was tons of fun, and I've already told Grace we are going there tomorrow for a sweet crepe.

Caitlin's room is so cute!! And, I'm insanely jealous of her closet!!!!

Liz said...

P.S. - You look amazing for 38 weeks!!! Gorgeous!!