Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reflecting on Easter

We have done a lot of activities this month focused on Easter eggs, egg hunts, the Easter bunny, and candy... so by the time Easter actually rolled around, I think we were kind of done with it... at least the materialistic side.

I have had a hard time figuring out how to talk with Andrew about the real reason for Easter, without making him sad or worried about things like death... since the concept of resurrection is pretty abstract for a 3 year old. 
One of my favorite parts of today was reading My Little Book about Jesus that the Easter bunny put in Andrew's Easter basket.

We talked briefly about how we will be able to live together forever as a family because Jesus died for us and made it so that we can live again too after we die. We listed off all of the family members that we get to be with together forever. Hanging out with some of them this weekend definitely made our Easter a bit sweeter.










I am grateful for beautiful music and inspiring talks that brought a spirit of love and peace into parts of our day today (although during this photo shoot and the craziness of getting ready for church that peace was lost for a bit...).



I'll post a lot more pictures from our weekend full of fun with family later in the week, but this was the main focus of my thoughts tonight. Happy Easter!

No comments: