Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Being Baby #2

I feel kinda bad that the only pictures I took of Caitlin yesterday are hideous... and then I have a gazillion pictures of this crazy kid. I'm hoping she'll still turn out emotionally adjusted when she discovers none of her critical steps in life are documented.


For example, while I was showering on Monday she was staring intently at a birdie rattle on her rocker chair. All of a sudden, she maneuvered her little hand and whacked that rattle. I thought it was an act of luck, but then she did it again and again and again. I can still picture the intense concentration and cross eyed look she had. Instead of running for the camera... I dried my hair with a towel and started blow drying. Andrew has a full series of about 500 pictures from that exact same milestone moment... and I'm not kidding :)


When I went to visit my friend Jen yesterday she had a blanket out with a bunch of cute toys for her son (who is one month older than Caitlin). Caitlin loved looking at the toys and books and started grabbing at things. I thought, man, I am such a bad mom!... She can actually look at things now and grab them and all I ever do is put her in boring chairs or carry her around... and don't let her play with any toys. Maybe I should start reading those parenting books again so that I actually know what to be expecting from her? She is probably totally bored all the time. If she wasn't so easygoing she would probably be revolting and letting me know that she is bored. I kinda feel sorry for her because she is so chill that I think she might get lost in the shuffle at our house. Fortunately she's a girl, so she gets more cute clothes which will guarantee she gets plenty of photo shoots (at least on Sundays when I dress her up).

PS- the pictures in the post aren't related at all to what I am talking about... though they were snapped yesterday when I had this epiphany.

PPS- Terrible days can easily be changed to good days if Aunt Jessie is close by and ready to play and come up with random relay races in the Nordstrom mothers room. If only I could bottle up her energy and creativity and take a dose of it every day?!


Aunt Jessie also gave Cate some love and carried her around the mall and tired her out... and probably got a good bicep workout at the same time.

Days that include hanging with Kate & Macy, going to Super Franks, going to Valley Fair Mall (& Mrs. Fields), playing with Jen (& Cal & Brody & the dogs), and seeing Kevin are grrrreat!

Now if only I could sleep at night. The kids slept... why can't I? Might have something to do with the random hacking cough I developed late last night... maybe from my dog allergy + the cold I am trying not to get.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

this sounds just like us :) I figure it is what it is, and I'll catch what I catch. poor baby #2's!

Jenni said...

As the youngest of nine, I have no documentation of any of my milestones. My baby book is essentially empty and in the hours of old family home movies we have, I appear in all of about 30 seconds of them. I feel like, in spite of that, I turned out okay. I bet Caitlin will be just fine.