Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Caitlin at 4 months (a few weeks early)

Caitlin is about 3 1/2 months old at the moment, but because our doctor wanted to get her fully vaccinated for the whooping cough early, we are on an earlier appointment schedule... so we had her 4 month check up today.


Her stats validated what I thought. We have one BIG girl with some chubby kissable cheeks!

Height: 24.5 inches (80%)
Weight: 16.37 lbs (97%- the reason my biceps keep getting bigger ;))
Head: 42 cm (85%- she's beating out Andrew when he was this age... maybe she'll be smarter? :))


Andrew hung out with a babysitter while I took Caitlin to our appointment alone. It was nice to have some mommy/Caitlin bonding time... though she chose to spend that time screaming the entire drive there. Still hates her carseat even with her little panda bear hanging down keeping her company.

She got several shots to complete the series they started when she was a baby... and she did not like them. She got over them pretty quickly though.


The doctor thinks she is doing great and said she was much bigger than the 6 month old she had just visited with. Yessiree, we've got a sumo wrestler on our hands!


Caitlin loves...

- her hands (I always find her unswaddled after a nap and happily gnawing on her fingers)

- eating every 2-3 hours (though she is much more distracted lately)

- sleeping (she slept 10 straight hours one night this week and typically sleeps 8 straight hours at night 10pm-8am some nights, typically though she goes 10pm-6:30am without any feedings... and then eats and goes back to sleep till 8 or 9am)

The doctor said to keep up whatever I am doing since she rarely hears of a 3 1/2 month sleeping that long at one time. I pray every night that it will continue. Last night wasn't one of those nights... hopefully tonight will be. If not, at least I've made it this long feeling rested!!

- Andrew!! (and he loves her too!) He really loves that she smiles at him now all the time. He likes to say to me, "Caitlin likes us. We make her happy."

- books! (I don't remember Andrew being that interested in books at this age, but she loves listening to me read to Andrew and loves it when I read books to her too. She grabs the soft pages and especially loves the fabric books that make crinkly sounds when she touches them)

- sitting and standing (no swings, seats, or anything for her for long if she is awake... she wants to sit between my legs and sit up or hold my hands and stand up). I am really looking forward to when she can start using the exersaucer! The bumbo is my favorite thing lately, but she is already trying to launch herself out of it!

I'm sure there are plenty of other things that Caitlin loves, but that's all I can think of this week!

She currently wears size 3-6 month and 6 month clothes and size 3 diapers.

Happy almost 4 months Caitlin!

3 comments:

Danielle Bahr said...

cute. lara (20 mo) still wears size 3 diapers :) avery was much more on caitlin's plan.... 20lbs around 10/11 months. we'll see what baby 3 bring us!

Brooke said...

haha, I just posted about Jack's stats and then saw Caitlin's right when I was done! She is so cute and I love that our kids are so close- fun to read about other babies close in age!

Tara Shirley said...

What an adorable chunk!! I love that you were taking pictures of her when she was screaming at the dr. office! BUT i don't love reading about what a great sleeper she is and how rested you are. I'm terribly jealous! HA! But happy for you, of course.

BTW- we had the luncheon for Bos at the clubhouse in our condo complex. It worked out really well, but we had to pay for it, which sucks.