Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Super Packed Saturday

Get prepared for an overabundance of photos. 

Saturday was crazy busy... and then also relaxing. I loved it. We got nothing we needed to get done, done... but oh well?!

Andrew had his last day of t-ball. I have video footage I'll post later. They played a game the entire time.  It was like little kiddie soccer (you know, when they run in herds all for the same ball) + tackle football all rolled into one.



Look at that form as he goes to throw the ball to 1st base. :) We've got a MLB player in our future ;)


High fives for dad (who camped out in the field to make sure that Andrew didn't injure anyone... they were all a little obsessed with getting the ball)


There was at least one adult at each base showing the kids where to run next... it was really funny because sometimes, despite all the help, they still ran to the wrong place.




Waiting for his turn to pow the ball


At the end of the game, Cubby, the mascot of the Cubbies team, gave them all awards. It was awesome because the kids all got their awards... but the majority of them were scared of the bear. Hardly anyone wanted to take pictures with him and a few kids were crying when it was time to get their award. So funny!



Andrew was pretty stoked about his medal. Here he is, admiring it :)


The admiration was short-lived. The medal was tossed on the floor when we got home and he hasn't mentioned it since.



The excitement over the award was also quickly gone when snacks started coming out.


We celebrated the end of the t-ball season with a trip to Jamba Juice... we ran into a few of Andrew's teammates there too, so that was fun.



Caitlin was ready to dig in and start eating everything. I'm interested to see how she does when we introduce her to food. She loves grabbing at whatever we have, but I don't think she really gets what she is grabbing at... though she does like to say "mmmm."


Andrew loved being hat buddies with Cate (I figured since her hair is so thin on top, it was about time to get her a hat for when she's in the Bjorn and out in the sun. She loved it).


Saturday afternoon included lots of naps and downtime. I got to go help set up for an adorable Carnival themed Sweet Sixteen party. It was one of the highlights of my day. I love parties... and especially parties where I am not in charge! (no stress!)


Source: paperandpigtailsparty.com via Julie on Pinterest

After the party was underway, we took a family trip up to Blackhawk for dinner. Every time I go shopping up there I smell all the yummy food at The Little Pear... so we finally decided to go try it out. The view is beautiful (outside, right by the water) and our seats were perfect (right by several other families with loud toddlers).


They had an amazing grilled cheese with parmesan crusted bread (mmm!) and plenty of other yummy dishes. While we waited for food, Andrew & Kevin ran around and chased ducks by the playground and checked out the fountains.


Cate and I watched the sun start to set while I sipped my diet coke. It was so peaceful and relaxing (until the cutie pie spit up all over me)!


The evening ended with a little browsing in Anthro (Kevin & Andrew were my fashion consultants) before we headed home to work on lessons for Sunday. Kevin is a great shopping buddy. As long as I want to buy something that has color (and is not black) he is all for it. The Anthro gift cards that I've had for years have been burning a hole in my pocket lately... so Cate & I may be having another shopping date tomorrow morning. It feels so nice to FINALLY feel like actually going shopping for myself. 

What a great Saturday! 

No comments: