Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bowling and birthdays

Andrew is seriously OBSESSED with bowling. I feel bad for the poor little friends who don't share his passion and have to listen to him talk about it over and over again.

For our fun activity this afternoon we went to a bowling alley and watched kids play. He would've stayed and watched them all. day. long. I am not that patient. We had quite the tantrum as we left the mall. Fortunately my well-behaved almost 3-year-old can scream bloody murder and still be cooperative at the same time. He yelled the entire way to the car and shed big tears... but still followed me, got in his seat, and buckled himself in. I got a lot of smiles from moms as we left...

I think I might win the "Mother of the year" award from Andrew if I figure out how to make these for his birthday tomorrow. I have a lot of leftover white Costco sheet cake pieces... so I may need to see if I can repurpose it to make some cake pops.


I'm not patient when it comes to trying to make new desserts... so we'll see if I even attempt this.

Kevin wanted to try and make a big bowling ball (using last year's cake mold). I vetoed that. We'll see what we end up with tomorrow.

You'll know if I was lazy or not when you see his birthday post later this weekend. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I've made cake pops a couple times and they're not hard, just very time consuming.