Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Buddy Time

Andrew is adorable (obviously I am biased a bit :)) and loves it when we have "buddy time"... which is basically anytime it is just me and him hanging out and Caitlin is sleeping.

Yesterday I told him that if he followed directions, sat down during singing time, and was kind at music class, we could go to the mall and ride the rides afterwards. I was mostly wanting a Mrs. Fields cookie and needed to do some returns so I was hoping he'd behave. Surprisingly he did a pretty good job. Usually he runs around during singing time like a crazy kid.


He was SOOO excited to go ride Thomas and several other rides. I love that I can buy him happiness with $5 worth of tokens. Caitlin screamed for the first 5-10 minutes at the mall. I tried to explain to her that the mall was a happy place, but she wasn't buying it. She settled down and fell asleep in the bjorn though and Andrew and I shopped (he stuffed pretzels in his mouth in the stroller), got our returns done, and then made it to Mrs. Fields and the "park" (what Andrew calls the rides).

On our drive home out of the blue Andrew said, "I love you so much mom!" This could've been after I gave him a mini-cookie and a sip of "root beer" (code for DC)... but it was so darling either way!

Later in the afternoon Caitlin decided she wanted to be held or eat nonstop. I was starting to get sick (chills, sore throat, etc.) so I think there was less food for her than she wanted. I had promised Andrew we would paint... so after attempting to calm C and get her to take a nap for awhile, we resolved to just include her in our activity. She must love painting and listening to scissors, because she fell asleep pretty quickly in my arms.


Whenever I was distracted, Andrew tried to taste the paint (see picture below of his orange teeth). I swear he has pica lately (he eats foam balls, finger and toe nails- gross!, paint, stuff in his nose, and basically anything squishy- weirdo!).


After we painted, we took the video monitor outside on the driveway and watched Caitlin sleep while we played red-light, green-light scooter style.


Since Andrew loves to be the boss, this was totally his sort of game. Riding the scooter was pretty uncomfortable for me... but he loved it. :)


When he didn't follow directions I turned into Mr. Policeman and gave him a ticket. I am fearful for when this little kiddo starts driving! Whenever I'd show him the yellow light card he'd yell, "go faster!!" (wonder who he learned that from?? Kevin? :)) He probably got 10 tickets in 30 minutes... and his line was always, "You already gave me a ticket. I have no more money." Sorry dude, that is not going to work in the real world :)

Definitely a fun day! I love my little boy to pieces... just wish he'd SLEEP. Last night he kept us awake all night and Caitlin only woke up at 4am and 8am. I think we need a sound proof room or thicker earplugs :) Either way, still love the little guy. Even when he is a grump he will still help me get diapers, find wipes, and stick paci's in Caitlin's mouth. He is the best big brother ever!

No comments: