Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Maiden Voyage

We took our first jog of the New Year in the new double jogger today. Andrew was bribed with Go-Gurt (a step up from his jogging "surprise" bag filled with Hersheys kisses, goldfish, M&Ms, and Swedish fish of last year). You could say we're trying to be a little healthier in 2011 ;)


We only attempted to run for 25 minutes since naps lasted until 4:30pm... and it started getting dark around 5ish. We ran mostly up hills in our neighborhood and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I LOVED pushing the double jogger. I was thinking it would be insanely hard... but it helps that Caitlin is still so tiny. Andrew cheered for me as I went up the hills ("Go mommy go")... and if I started to walk he liked to say, "go faster." As usual, he will be very helpful with motivating me to get back in shape and lose the rest of my baby weight :)

Caitlin slept soundly on the run... all bundled up... and needed to be carried around the park once we got there while Andrew played because once she wakes up she realizes just how much she hates her carseat and she SCREAMS!

Can you find her under all the blankets?


I was really excited that we made it through the run and trip to the park without any major issues. Andrew and I gave each other high fives when we got home and we celebrated by playing Kinect bowling and eating Hershey's chocolate hearts. :) I am loving my little helper. He was so cute helping me load up the jogger and make sure we didn't forget anything important.


I am looking forward to making our runs a daily activity whenever the weather cooperates this winter!

The rest of our first official day man down (me vs the kiddos) went mostly well. We all got showered or bathed and fed and out the door by 10:30am to meet up with friends at the park. Then both kids eventually took naps and I accomplished a few things around the house (made a bed and did some dishes... though not all of them). I also relaxed on the couch and read emails for the 20-30 minutes when naps overlapped and I had free arms. We also went running, sang songs, played, and I actually made dinner... all before Kevin got home close to 7pm. I felt like it was productive day.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

ooh ooh get a bundle me! you will love it. I bought a toddler and regular so both kids have matching ones for the jogging stroller to keep them warm on the cold days in the fall... well until it gets to cold to go outside running. Oh and they have cute hats that match for the baby.

Kristina said...

good reminder Janelle- I have one of each... will need to whip them out. definitely need to get them cute hats :) though doubt andrew would wear one! love having a newborn who will wear whatever i want though :)

The Mostess said...

Nice work, Mom! I want to come and see you next week. Maybe we can do a light jog with the kiddios...after eating some chocolate, of course. I will email you! ;)

jocie said...

I know I already texted you this, but everytime I look at your Christmas card (daily), I exclaim to Zack, "I LOVE the Buskirks. They are the best family." And it is true.

Liz said...

I knew you'd be fine!! It's so nice that Andrew can be so helpful too. It's also nice that Caitlin seems to be a very well behaved little lady. Love that!

Hope all your days without help go as smoothly!!!