Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fighting the nap

After an hour and a half of trying to get Andrew to take his nap today I finally gave in and told him he could have quiet playtime in his room for 30 minutes... just so mommy could have some down time. He enthusiastically turned on the lights and started playing.

30 minutes later I went upstairs to tell him playtime was done and we could go to the park now... and this was what I found...


lights off, toys in his bed, and little dude fast asleep

Since this little girl was already fast asleep in the next room... I headed downstairs to enjoy the peace and quiet and do things I hadn't done yet today... like eat lunch, get a drink, and tidy up a bit.


Maybe I'll just start by telling him it is playtime tomorrow? Then maybe the nap can happen earlier? :)

1 comment:

teuscher travels said...

Too cute! We used to have "quiet time" when I was his age and more often than not we would take our naps! But basically mom said an hour in our room no matter what...I see the wisdom of that now:) We used to use the fisher price cassette player/read along books, I will need to search to see if they still have those when Hadley gets older! I am SO impressed at how much you get done, and blog and run, seriously! I am still in my Jammies:)