Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Names

Andrew has been really interested in names lately. He loves to call me by my whole name (first, middle, last name) and he calls Kevin, "Daddio Linton Buskirk."

He also LOVES his name and when random people at the store ask him, he very proudly says, "My name is Andrew Allen Buskirk!" A few months ago we explained to him that he is named after both of his Grandpas and that makes him pretty special. For my birthday my parents gave me a fabulous gift- a CD of all of our wedding pictures. One of my favorite pictures from our wedding is this picture... the two proud dads... and now also the two incredible men/grandpas that Andrew is named after.

Grandpa Kim and Grandpa Allen


I am really excited to hang a print of this picture in his room so that we remember to talk about his Grandpas often. He is definitely following in his Grandpa (Andrew) Kim's footsteps of loving all sports (especially basketball)... and he has a big sweet tooth and love for ice cream just like his Grandpa Allen (and Grandpa Kim too :)). He is sure to be a sugar addict with those genes :). Over Christmas he loved hearing all about how much Grandpa Allen liked ice cream... and now tries to request it for his meal. I like to think that during that month after Allen passed away (a month before Andrew was born), he and Andrew shared several bowls of ice cream in Heaven while they had a chance to get to know one another a bit.

What a lucky kid to have two such great names!

Caitlin is similarly lucky to be named after someone very special. Kevin and I both always have loved the name Caitlin (it was the first name we ever agreed on back before Andrew was born). Not only is it a beautiful name (in our opinion), but it also means "pure." Caitlin's middle name is Marie... which is my maternal Grandma's name. My Grandma is one of the happiest, most positive, giving, spiritual, and kind women that I know. She and my Grandpa have served several missions for our church (including inner city Philadelphia/New Jersey and Wales) and are a bundle of fun. They spent most of the night at our wedding dancing and dancing. My Grandma is also a chatter (like the rest of the girls in my family). I love her and I love thinking of her whenever I look at Caitlin. I can't wait to introduce Caitlin to both of her Great-Grandmas sometime soon!

Grandma (Marie) Brown and Grandpa Brown


No comments: