Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ticking time bombs

Anyone else feel like you are with ticking time bombs anytime you leave the house? I told Kevin that taking these two cuties to the grocery store raises my blood pressure to obscene levels... yet so far I have no horror stories to share... mostly because we've been pretty chill lately.

We sleep in and stay in cozy clothes as much as possible. I still have no shirts I like right now that go with my muffin top and jeans :)


We spend our mornings doing craft projects, running, and going to the park (fortunately I haven't run into anyone I know yet).


The little people take naps (sometimes at the same time) and I relish some quiet time with no noise... since Andrew has discovered that his whiny screech really annoys me and loves to do it all the time :) or say, "WHY ARE YOU TALKING SO LOUD, MOM?" as loud as he can when Caitlin is sleeping (which is copying what I am always asking him).


We've done a lot of TV watching this week to also get a few seconds of quiet (Andrew is in a "why" stage that is exhausting sometimes). I hate Dora so of course Andrew has become a Dora addict... and now sings the theme song on our runs. I can't escape it, it kills me, but the show comes on usually right when I am making dinner... so I am dealing with it.


Caitlin and I sometimes get some alone time. Yesterday my babysitter came over so I could do some work. C hung out with me and slept... and then we took a quick trip to CVS. We had to restock our Cadbury mini egg supply... and browse in the hair products section. I think it was our 3rd trip this week to that store... mostly for mini-eggs (not helping the muffin top :)). I also bought size 2 diapers! My little cutie is growing too fast!


Tonight I made bags full of candy for the YW... since they have finals this week. I took my little time bombs to Safeway to get the candy. We almost had a tantrum in the self-check out aisle, but then Andrew remembered if he was good he could watch Jack Jack Attack in the car on the drive home. The little dude was a gem.

My sanity break of the day today was 45 minutes of alone time tonight in the car driving around to the YW's houses to drop off treats...while letting Kevin handle bedtime. I loved it.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

This sounds all too familiar! I almost had an anxiety attack at the store the other day dealing with Blake! I used the term "flushed and flustered" when I told Jon about our store fiasco. Aghhh... we watch lots of tv including dora AND diego, equally annoying, and we're just trying to get through our days right now! She is adorable by the way!

Jenny said...

sounds like you are right on track for having a new baby! the muffin top comment cracked me up. if you have one i'm sure it is as mini as those cadburry mini eggs. i happen to enjoy/tolerate Dora and it doesn't seem to be on tv for us at dinnertime, i wish it was. but that's why we have netflix :)

Heather said...

i totally get the ticking time bomb thing... After, I finish feeding Brody I know I have three hours to jam the kids in the car and make a mad dash to finish all my errands before he explodes with hunger. Just wait...three is even more fun! ;)

Liz said...

You look amazing for Caitlin not even being two months old! Enjoy your mini eggs! You don't have a muffin top!

Ditto on all the ticking time bomb comments. Just know I totally understand and sympathize. Sorry!