Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Good Day

Knock on wood (because it could still change)... but overall today was a good day. I love days like today.

We hosted playgroup this morning. It was a small group this week but boy did we have fun. We jumped on the trampoline, played with the electric train, launched the stomp rockets again and again, ate snacks, and played outside in the Spring like weather.

The kids were cracking me up with their goofiness during snack, so I had to snap a picture... or two




We also tried out a sorting game with pom poms. My family room was a disaster and they were in heaven.


Queen sorter


The main successful event of playgroup was that I didn't have to change any diapers since we were ALL OUT! Caitlin also slept for a good chunk of the time, which was an added bonus and allowed me to focus on the kids.

The rest of our day was pretty normal, but went well. Emergency trip to Safeway to stock up on the essentials that I neglected to buy on my Saturday shopping trip (apple juice and diapers)... and everyone behaved themselves.

Then we played a heart counting game before naptime.


Naptime actually lasted a really long time for Andrew, so I got a nice break to cuddle with Caitlin... and then we made it out on a run to the park before dark. I even wore short sleeves. Wahoo! Of course no dishes or cleaning happened today, but oh well!

Kevin made the two of us brownies once the kiddos were asleep tonight (Caitlin was just napping, of course, before her 9-10 bewitching hour :)). Now let's just hope she decides to go to bed a little earlier tonight than last night and the day will end beautifully.

Goal for tomorrow= take more pictures of Caitlin!

No comments: