Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Completely Smitten

I am so in love with this little cutie that I just can't grab the camera from across the room most of the time because it would mean putting her down! I haven't taken nearly enough pictures of her, so I tried to make up for that a little bit today.

This is what her hair looks like after bed and after a bath- totally precious


I love to snuggle my little Catie-bug, baby Cate, Miss cutie (whatever we choose to call her that day)... ALL. THE. TIME! I can't get enough of her little coos, smiles, and the way that she kicks her legs and throws her arms all over the place.

This is her favorite pose. She did it in utero... and she was born with a bruise on her face because this is the pose she was making when she entered this world. So darling!


She just figured out how to suck her fingers this week and last night Kevin and I just watched and watched her... how boring, right?... Not at our house! ;)

I love hauling this cutie with me everywhere... and I'm building up my biceps muscles quite a bit because she is growing and growing! We love every chubby ounce of her.

Making faces at mom!


Today Caitlin got to come with me to her first baby shower and last Saturday we spent the day shopping. I'm sure she'll be my little buddy for many more fun outings... and I love it!


I love her adorable smiles... and even better, I love that Andrew is smitten. Today he just stood by her swing while she was sleeping and gently rocked her and said, "I'm just making her happy mom." She is such a lucky little girl.



Andrew also scurries from whatever he is doing if I ask him to be the trash man and pick up diapers... and especially if it is play time.


He taught Caitlin how to whack all the animals tonight on her play gym... and guess what? She stared that big giraffe down for about 5 minutes and then started whacking away at it too!... and she whacked the elephant and did some kicking. We were so excited. We are moving into the world of a longer attention span!


I am already longing for an itty bitty baby. This one is moving too quickly into a little girl for my liking! I wish we could freeze time right now because I am enjoying every single second.

Fortunately I know it will just keep getting better and better. We feel so blessed. There isn't a day that goes by (even tough days) when I am not grateful for the precious and crazy kids we've been given.

Anyone want to take a gander at how many times I used the word love in this post? If you already stopped reading I wouldn't blame you!

2 comments:

kt said...

Even Bruce agrees (and he is brutally honest on baby cuteness): she is so cute!

Liz said...

It's hard to NOT use love when looking and talking about cute little Catie!! She is such a doll. Hope to see her and hold her later this week!